SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am new to the board and wanted to share my tracks with you the first one is a hill climb that was called grant ranch rally and raceway. The second is called Le Maes I tore the first one down to make way for Le maes I hope you enjoy them.

And here is the new one Le Maes

·
Greg Gaub
16,410 Posts
Very nice! I'd have loved to have seen that rally track converted to digital. Looks like you went with a routed track like so many people do after they have had a plastic track for a while. I look forward to seeing more tracks that use the best of both worlds... routed for smoothness and flexibility but digital for lane changing and more cars. Too bad you had to tear down the rally, though. :\
Still, the new one is very nice, and I look forward to seeing you finish up the scenery.

·
Lars Ole
1,640 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum Mr. Von Maes
That's some introduction you just did.
It looks like 2 fantastic tracks and a nice collection of exotic cars.

I think I like the rally track the best, but I'll look forward to further updates on the le mans track.
I like the tress with the painted on white road markings.

for a moment you got me thinking that you had a real formula1 parked in your garage at image 3
Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the nice comments guys!!! werner the rally track came in about 70 something feet and I have yet to add a 4/8 sheet to it so I dont know yet. The rally track was featured in model car racing two or three issues back so that was a huge deal for me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Eric,

Both really nice tracks in their own. Now that you have had the best of both worlds, plastic and routed, which one do you like best??

And the cars are excellent too!

Ron

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok it's 99% done I need to to a little ground cover on the tree bases and print some banners which I got from this site so thank you guys for that. Over all the track works great and is a blast to race on it got a two thumbs up from the club on friday night so I guess I did ok for my first routed track thanks to luf's routing kit " DONT BUILD ONE WITHOUT IT"

Here is some video of the maddness!!! nothin better than a night with your bros racing cars!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Nice tracks and video!! I like the rally track better but can see the advantage of running the routed track with 3 people. I understand the need to change the driving experience.

One question: there are two lanes that are closer to each other for a longer distance, preventing one of the cars to pass while the other lane has no such obstructions, can this have an impact on the racing results?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Slotrace.dk thanks for the comments I will throw a couple videos up for you this week.

rally p "One question: there are two lanes that are closer to each other for a longer distance, preventing one of the cars to pass while the other lane has no such obstructions, can this have an impact on the racing results?" yes they do there is a lot of door banging right now red is the toughest lane to run and the green lane is super fast with little to get in the way but it is also longer. I set the track up so it is hard to pass through the turns just like the real thing that is why I love the wood. I do miss my rally track and have some designs in my head for a new one wood of course!

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the new videos. I also looking forward to seeing your to be rally track sometime in the future.

Your track must be incredible fun and the lanes not being equal just adds diversity. I am jealous, enjoy!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Rally!!!

"Been looking at your track again. It is so simpel and yet I can't get my eyes from it.
And now I realize something is missing - more advertising, billboards, commercials!!!!"

haha yea I know I ran out of ink in the printer so this weekend I will be cutting photo paper and hot gluing billboards up every where. I tried to get all the major aspects of Le Mans into my track all the turns are there except in smaller form of course the only turns that I did not get in are the esse's above the bridge and the chicanes in Mulsanne I cant tell you how many times I watched the movie and old footage to try and get the feeling right. Even the pits and grand stands create a tunnel like feeling when you blast through them. If you ever jump the pond and are in the states just say the word our club is always ready for some beer brauts and racing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.