Votes: 0 0.0%
  • neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone after a very long night, I found the perfect car. Retro, Aston martin and.. oh, I'll just post the link
Scalextric Aston Martin V8 No.19 Gulf Edition (C4209) (pendleslotracing.co.uk)
I know it comes out in 2022 but its good to get ahead.. Right?
Anyway, I picked it because of the style, and because it leaves a lot of room for improvement. Which leads me onto my question, anyone had any experience with these types of car?
Also want to beef it up; spoiler, engine, tyres.. Essentially I want to paint and mod my new car. How do I mod it?
Any help appreciated.
Cheers,
Egws25

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
I like your eagerness but I think you want to step too far too soon.
People here "mod" their cars when there are specific rules to follow for a competition or because making some changes will suit their track best.
For instance, if you race with magnets, then this car out of the box will do.
One simple approach to improve performance is to change the rear tyres. I do not have this car and I do not know which rims they use so you will need to see if someone can provide some info around this. It is important here to know which track you are planning to run the car on.

Most of us that mods scalex/carrera cars, usually go for a 3dp chassis so that you can put pro parts (pods, motor, axles, wheels).
Discussing all of this in one thread is a big ask.
My best suggestion would be to look for a club near you and go there to see what other people race.
This can give you some ideas.

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
if you want to get started, why don't you get a second hand car. I think something like a muscle car would do.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I like your eagerness but I think you want to step too far too soon.
People here "mod" their cars when there are specific rules to follow for a competition or because making some changes will suit their track best.
For instance, if you race with magnets, then this car out of the box will do.
One simple approach to improve performance is to change the rear tyres. I do not have this car and I do not know which rims they use so you will need to see if someone can provide some info around this. It is important here to know which track you are planning to run the car on.

Most of us that mods scalex/carrera cars, usually go for a 3dp chassis so that you can put pro parts (pods, motor, axles, wheels).
Discussing all of this in one thread is a big ask.
My best suggestion would be to look for a club near you and go there to see what other people race.
This can give you some ideas.
As Gio says.🙂

·
Electric model car driver
1,575 Posts
I think you'll find it's based on this Aston - C4203 James Bond Aston Martin V8 ‘No Time To Die’ (scalextric.com) - . I have one and had high expectations of it but I've been somewhat disillusioned/disappointed with it. Even though it's a sidewinder which I generally prefer the motor is mounted on its side rather than on the flat so its cog is a bit higher than usual and it's not a particularly easy car to get going all that well. I must get mine out and have another crack at it as there is definitely room for improvement.

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
I was suspecting that it was the one with the motor on its side. I would not choose this car as my first car to mod.

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
save yourself the effort and buy something better to start with,it will work out cheaper,nsr/thunderslot/sideways
I agree as long as you have also the right tools to serve them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts