SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

Registered
I was going to say I don't have a lot of Ferrari slot cars but a quick count up of cars and bodies has come to over 80馃槜and over a dozen diecast models in 1/32nd, 1/40th , 1/43rd and 1/50th scale.

Where it all started, late 1960's, although these cars are long gone.

Revel 250 GTO, I'm fairly sure this came as a body kit but I didn't keep it for long.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Toy

Airfix 250LM, would have been bought as a kit and would have shared my Clubman Special chassis with a few other cars

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Finally the Airfix Ferrari F1, strange how in the sixties so many F1 models were only called F1 with maybe a year added and not by the model number or name.

Vehicle Car Wheel Tire Racing

All the above are current cars, will have to start posting some photos, might take a while to do them all馃槅

Registered
Been testing a few cars on my new Policar track...

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Super Shells body and my own 3D chassis, really must get around to painting von Trips and finishing this, my version of the Zandervoot car.

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Automotive design

Three Jouef 250GTO

Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting

Jouef Ferrari F1, probably loosely based on the 158.

Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Musical instrument Motor vehicle

Jouef 312T with completely wrong rear tyres.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Car

Another 250GTO by Strombecker in 1/32nd scale.
Vehicle Circuit component Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Front wheels have no lips to hold the tyres which have gone soft and are now quite loose and while I was running it the motor decided to give up with a nice smell :mad:.

Registered
Joel, while the Jouef Ferrari F1 is very generic the engine cover seems to long for the 156/63, but there do seem to be quite a few different rear end, and more like the 158, but even this has different rears and different nose cones, but like so many F1 cars from the early and mid 60's it's a case of which model you think it looks most like

Registered
Which is why I think Joel is correct in that it's a 158, 8 cyl, under all the film bits. The three extra pipes on each side go in to the lower and outer exhausts at ninety degrees which would never work. If you look closely at the 'piggy back' photo I think you can still see the original exhausts coming out under the suspension and painted black .

Registered
A few Airfix 156

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Toy

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Toy

The Airfix 156 body shape is about spot on but due to the use of a full seat and more or less full driver in the original cars the cockpit is to far forward due to it clear the motor. The ackerman steering also means the front wheels or out of position. The original cars came with plain red wheels and no windscreen and a double pin guide powered by a cube motor all clamped between a two piece body shell. The wheels were soon changed for chromed ones and then windscreens were added. Later the pin guide was replaced with a guide flag. The final change was to the Hi-Speed version as in the last car, this had a one piece body with a can motor screwed to a rear axle unit that clipped in to the body and a separate guide flag ackerman steering unit screwed to the body. Although the driver was now moulded in to the car body Airfix left the cockpit in the same, incorrect, place.

Automotive tire Toy Automotive lighting Rotorcraft Aircraft

Registered
Been trying a few of my smaller cars on my Policar track today...

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Jouef 250GTO in theory 1/40th scale but a lot of the earlier sports cars are nearer 1/43rd scale.

Vehicle Wheel Car Toy Motor vehicle

This is a Deco version which in theory had a better motor.

Tire Wheel Toy Automotive lighting Automotive tire

A Polistil 1/43rd scale 641.

Registered
Missed from the last post..

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Another Jouef 250GTO

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

A 312T, this one is missing most of the decals and is running on a pair of Carrera Go Dune Buggy tyres.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

A Jouef just called a Ferrari F1, which I think is based on the 158 but could be based on the 156 Aero or a bit of both.

Registered
Le Mans 1970, North American Racing Team. #11 was 4th, #39 didn't start and was a spare car, #57 finished the 24 hours but was unclassified due to not covering sufficient distance, would have been 10th.

They also had 512S car #10 a joint entry with Gelo Racing Team which could be the car on the ground to the right.

Registered
Mario Andretti at Monza 40 years ago when he finished third. How simple and neat the car appears to be by comparison with today's F1 machines.
Wonder if Ferrari called in any designers still around from that period for ground effect advise?

Registered
1 - 20 of 92 Posts