SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 446 Posts

·
Slot King
3,363 Posts
F1, all 312s of some sort.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

#26 is the saddest, it came in a great collection of F1s entirely scratchbuilt out of metal, no Ferrari was shown on Ebay, when the last parcel turned up with the damaged Ferrari thrown in as a freebie by the seller (aaaargh!)
And just for fun, one of the big girls (body is by Kogure of Japan)
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Vehicle Wheel Musical instrument Cutting mat Toy vehicle

Joel

·
Slot King
3,363 Posts
Don't know about 50, but if I took individual pictures, we could keep going for a while.
Here are a few random pictures of cars I race on occasion.
1/32nd unknown vacform on a brass chassis.
Vehicle Car Tire Wheel Hood

GT Model 1/24th vacform on a Fleischman chassis (ugly but reasonably effective)
Vehicle Tire Car Wheel Motor vehicle

1/32nd Lancer vacform bought as is and frequently used, it is quite fast.(notice the added Fly mirrors if anybody has more of those, please do tell, I am running out)
Vehicle Toy Hood Automotive lighting Car

And a Hippy/Happy/Hoppy new year to you all.

Joel

·
Slot King
3,363 Posts
Here are a few more (all 1/32nd)
Long tail P2 built by grafting a lump of balsa on the back of a Scalex P4. I sold this at a swapmeet near Paris a long time ago, weirdly enough around 15 years later, I found it on Phil Smith table and bought it back (for about a third of what I had sold it for). I will now race prepare for the vintage meeting at Champagne Mouton.
Vehicle Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel

Straightforward build of the P2 fibreglass by J Bacon, both on Riko chassis.
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive design

Gianni Marzotto's Mille Miglia winning 195, Top Slot kit with Ninco underpinnings.
Vehicle Car Wheel Hood Tire

And just to show that I don't just do cra**y old cars, here is a more recent Testa Rossa converted from a Hong Kong toy. This is a really bad early job, and is on my to do list for a total revamp.
Automotive parking light Car Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting

Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Hood Car

Joel

·
Slot King
3,363 Posts
3 Ferraris entirely scratchbuilt out of plasticard.
Unfinished 512
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Brown Rectangle Wood Material property Brick

F1
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

312P
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive design

It uses an ingenious suspended motor pod system (long before modern brands "invented" it).
Vehicle Motor vehicle Toy Automotive tire Automotive lighting

The problem is that plasticard is unstable and they have become brittle, I dare not clean them.

Joel

PS: When Alan was saying 50 photos, he was understating the number. Under the heading Ferrari, the spreadsheet says 976, mind you there are some duplicates.

·
Slot King
3,363 Posts
Here is a car which hasn't been done by the modern resin guys, and it's a real shame because it is really good looking.
Decades ago, I found a lumpy vacform (done in the 60s by MRRC) and set to making a reasonable slotcar out of it, back then I used a lot of Ninco classic bits (driver, interior and wheels)
Automotive lighting Rectangle Plastic Font Tints and shades

Although lumpy, the basic shape is really good (much better than the Tamiya version) I am quite pleased with the end results, but it clearly needs "updating"
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Joel

·
Slot King
3,363 Posts
Forgot to post that one with the other plasticard cars.
Vehicle Wheel Car Tire Toy

The builder has made a really good job of it (even though it is too narrow), I really love this sort of stuff, some guy back in the 60s either couldn't find one or couldn't afford one, decided to build his own instead.

Joel

·
Slot King
3,363 Posts
There is a Protoslot version of the 512BB here
Here is my favorite BB, This one is a carbon fibre 1/24th body (I thought I had taken a picture of the finished car but can't find it).
There is also a 1/32nd version released many years ago by a company called Slotissimo.
Vehicle Automotive design Bicycle part Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Joel

·
Slot King
3,363 Posts
So far we've only seen nice scale cars, here are a few of the rougher crowd.
All 3 made in Germany, the red one by Carrera, the other 2 are by GGN (I think)
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

This one is closer to scale, made by a French company called Joma, interesting chassis.
Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Nicer but still a little toylike, a 312T2 made in Argentina.
Tire Toy Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

Have fun

Joel

1 - 20 of 446 Posts