SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
If Scalextric had made a 1958 Testa Rossa, this is what it might have looked like. It’s a Strombecker shell I picked up at a swapmeet with no running gear, on a Scalextric C69 250 GT Berlinetta chassis. I’ve tried to make it look like a Scalextric RTR from the era, rather than trying to detail it. The chassis was an auction site find and was badly warped. I’ve never got the car running right, but now I’ve dug it out I’ll have another try!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Here is a car which hasn't been done by the modern resin guys, and it's a real shame because it is really good looking.
Decades ago, I found a lumpy vacform (done in the 60s by MRRC) and set to making a reasonable slotcar out of it, back then I used a lot of Ninco classic bits (driver, interior and wheels)
View attachment 291411

Although lumpy, the basic shape is really good (much better than the Tamiya version) I am quite pleased with the end results, but it clearly needs "updating"
View attachment 291412

Joel
Yet another project waiting its turn in my queue. I’m more disciplined these days and I try to avoid buying things with no immediate means of finishing them…….
Mike
Rectangle Font Plastic Electric blue Tints and shades

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The only car released by Peugeot that resembles a Ferrari is, as far as I know, the infamous 406 Coupe, that by the way remember looked awesome at the dealers showroom. It was designed by one of the greatest designers of the cavallino brand. I remember it’s beautiful leather seats that matched the driving wheel, it’s was a 3.0 lt, V6.
View attachment 292763

That very year (2003) I bought my first new car from a dealer, of course it was not a 406 but it’s smaller brother, a 206 XS… it stood on the dealers workshop for a sensor failure on the gearbox for 6 month approximately, just after two months of buying it…
Cheers
Peugeot RCZ - a bit Ferrari-like:
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive parking light

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Mathew77, right click and see if you can copy the image then you can just paste it here. Depending on the software used to show the image this may not work.
If you can take a screenshot (easy on an iPad, or you can use the ‘Snip &Sketch’ in Windows), you can save that on your computer as a photo (jpeg) and then add it on here in the usual way.
Mike

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Dino 206/246 simply denotes the engine type ie Dino v6 20l or dino246 2.4 litre the thing that defines the model is sp or gts ect sp sports prototype gts gran touring sports ,all ferraris in the 60s can be decoded from their numers such as the 512 s. 5.0 litre v12 model 512 easy really,I’m sure Joel knowsmany more than I do even the oddball ones (y)
Not so easy for earlier 1960s Ferraris: 365 GTB - 3.6 litre 5-cylinder Boxer?
No; 365 is the capacity per cylinder in cc, so 4400cc or 4.4 litres for the V12 engine. Most of the ‘60s Ferraris were numbered like this, including the 3 litre 250 GTO V12.
Mike

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Have we yet concluded the identity of the most desirable of all roadgoing and racing Ferraris? At a wild guess, I imagine that most aficionados would vote for the 250GTO, P4, 275GTB4A and 312B, but I can't be sure.

The list goes on and on, eh? Any views, please, chaps? Always interesting to read and absorb.
If we’re going to designate the 250 GTO a road car; for racing, the 312P Berlinetta from Le Mans 1969, closely followed by the P3/P4 and any of the pre-1970 V12 F1 cars.
Mike

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Not sure what would be easiest, I think the real car was a re-bodied 312P in which case is would be bigger then either the PB or the Chevron.
It ended up looking like this.
View attachment 293897

I might do the first version, as a project for this year.

Joel
The Betta 312PB is a ‘handling’ body, so it’s oversize and would do quite well for one of these. The polystyrene is really easy to cut and shape. I used one to make a 1972 Le Mans Duckhams Cosworth, which you can find on this forum.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Earlier in the thread, I showed a group shot which included a 250 Lusso.
Here is how it was made. Some time back in 2000? (may be before, I decided to make a Lusso starting from a damaged Ferrari 250SWB shell.
Mixture of Milliput and Humbrol putty (not a good idea)
View attachment 294490

More Milliput
View attachment 294491

Getting there
View attachment 294492

And there it sat, unfinished.
View attachment 294493

Fast forward to 2008 and I decided to use the body for a race meeting in Bordeaux.
Scribing the panel lines.
View attachment 294494

Detail bits
View attachment 294495

Creating the grill (tricky)
View attachment 294496

Tricky and fragile
View attachment 294497

Make the interior starting from a Ninco one.
View attachment 294501

Hand cutting the windows from flat sheet.
View attachment 294502

Ran out of picture allocation, part 2 below

Joel
Great result! Thanks for showing some of the details, too. That grille is a work of art!
Mike

1 - 20 of 43 Posts