SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
We had a family holiday in Southend,early seventies, dad and I visited wonderland and had an hour or so on the track with hired cars.
To say it was a bit of a shock would be an understatement, I had a large figure of eight scaley track in the garage at the time, I thought my Revell/ monogram ladder chassis cars were good,this was something else .

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
The forthcoming 126 C looks very nice, variations of wings to come as well.
I'm sure it'll be a good performer and with those sidepods there's some room for weight for the speed crazed amongst us.
Maurizio is so very passionate,much Kudos.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yep looks like the 63 Rover, before it gained more attractive bodywork for I think 65.
The Esso tanker may have been a French dinky, might have been re released more recently by Atlas as a fortnightly collecting.
There was about ten years ago a French partwork by altaya of interesting 50s/60s trucks, think it was called something like camions du autre fois, but don't quote me.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I personally think the SRS 1 bodies have a certain charm and on a home track go pretty well.
Some oddball cars as well, favourite is the can am single seater.
For whatever reason I didn't get the Lotus,McLaren or Ferrari, back on track.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I'm probably one of the few people who like the 73 F1 spazzaneve.
Still think the Spanish Scalextric 74 B3 was an excellent model,bought the red and yellow ones, but passed on the blue and green.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Interesting point on the 0123 logos on the F40.
There's a guy on YouTube does vids on typical Tokyo work and life, its rather different from here.
He did a vid on a typical Tokyo flat and move to a new one.
The removal company was quite possibly a seriously good improvement on your typical Pickford's, the company is 0123, so accidentally I discovered what the hell 0123 were.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Revos really need a big track to stretch their legs.
We ran last Wednesday on the 100 foot wood track at N Staffs.

I'm far from the best driver and car fettler, my Pilot 333 ran 7.7 and my Toyota GT one ran 7.4.
In our open GT class the fast boys run slot it Audi R18 or Slot in 911gt1, these have f15 tyres and the fast slot it flat 6 RS.

So for a 102g Toyota to only be 0.5 behind with a lower torque lower rev motor I think is pretty good.

The cars look great, my Igol F40 and Marlboro gt1/96 are just shelf queens though.
The cars/ liveries I choose are what I saw at Le Man's in period, bring back many happy memories for me, Fina Steve Soper #38 McLaren is next for me.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Revos need to be treated as a different class really, you don't need everything to lap in 6.9.
They seem to have fun with them at South Manchester, GT 2 only run there I think.

Think many brands need to be treated as not comparing Apples with Bannanas, we ran SCX DTM on Friday night ,racing very enjoyable ,very close apart from offs, but it's not going to be a 6.9 unless you throw most of it away,which is imho pointless, also needlessly expensive .
Most of my shelf queens are LMM cars.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
The original Scalextric C16 Ferrari P 4 was an excellent model back in the day, had mine on a family holiday in Scarborough, be 68 or 69.

Sits in a cabinet with the yellow and blue ones.
My favourite one is a late production one, a very orangey red, small can motor, white interior, came from Beatties Manchester when I went for an interview at Manchester University in 1979.

I'd asked the guy if they had any old scalextric , he came back with the Ferrari, a green type 1 mini cooper and green C 34 E type, all new unboxed, think they cost peanuts

1 - 20 of 41 Posts