SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Wow! This thread grew too fast!
Ferrari was my first 'love'
Agreed mate, from childhood I only remember three loves about cars😍, the Vette C4, Porsche 930 turbo and of course Ferrari and its Testarossa model, never got one of them on the wall of my room but I used tu cut magazines ads and glue them to the cover or back cover of my notebooks, funny thing is even now I have not a single Testarossa as a slot car(fact I believe I only have some Hotwheels around in a box), maybe it’s time to look for one or even print one🤔

Nowdays it’s the 458, 488 both in GT3 class and 599 GTO my favs from Ferrari, although I have a full transporter box of modern Ferrari. I will post some pics here in this thread later.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
GDS, my love of Ferrari started as a little boy enthralled by Magnum P.I's Ferrari 308GTB. I have driven a Testarossa around a small circuit in Leicestershire which was fun View attachment 290625
so when Octane made a slot version I had to have it and promptly broke off the slats on the rear of the car in its first off. Oops.
I also have read a few Ferrari books.
Oh ! I remember the Tv show, the intro was striking (the chick with the bikini in the sea woa!)unfortunately mom sent me to bed because it was an adult show(or so she said), so to the date, I have never watched a single full episode from Magnum PI😅

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
2 posts in one thread in a day?
I'm losing it :oops:

However, here is the GasMunkee LeMans Ferrari 458 in LeMans livery being prepped for a future DiSCA event.
More decals to slide into place yet.
For Analogue racing, I would never prep a red car (where I red lane tape could not seen) with beautiful detailed livery (that would be ripped off by the damned lane tape)
But for DiSCA digital, no lane Tape. :)
Endurance racing is brutal enough on the machinery without assistance.😬
AlanW

View attachment 290621 View attachment 290622
If I would have an affair with Ferrari nowdays, this is the car I’d choose😍, 458 GT3 , call my attention that it’s now racing in the DTM series, along with the Lambo Huracan and AMG, if someone could explain here what happened please.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
A smattering of the Ferraris in my scuderia....these are the ones that were close and easily available around the track this morning.
A pair of 3DP projects: a 500 Mondial, and a 250 California project.

View attachment 290747

The most well known CanAm Ferraris....2 via 3DP, and two by Aurora (one original and one resin)
View attachment 290748

The Group C "Ferraris" (Slot.it)
View attachment 290749

My concession to modern GT racing (Carrera)
View attachment 290750

The WSC era:
View attachment 290751

The older cars: Strombecker Dino and 250TR, a pair of Ninco 166MM, and a 3DP 212
View attachment 290752

The Scalextric cars:
View attachment 290753

A menagerie: Slot.it F40 (I have a few more) Fly 512s (I have three more), SCX F40 (I have two more), Carrera 512BBLM (I have the Sideways car too)
View attachment 290754

A pair of Ninco F50s (there are a couple others) and two of my 3DP 312Ps

View attachment 290756

A Spirit 512M, Fly 512S, and a Fly 512S Coda Lunga.....there are several others around.

View attachment 290757
The 500 Mondial looks huge next to the 250! Good prints Chappy!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
A pair of not Ferraris, NSR Fiat 500, and a scratch built Ferrari dealer sponsored NASCAR

View attachment 291607
Actually that would have happened, as in USA the N.A.R.T. was the official distributor for Ferrari🤔
Im not sure but I think I saw a picture of a car (not Ferrari) sponsored by the N.A.R.T. some years ago…

PS. There you go, I was sure I saw it and here it is…
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Toy

1972 Vette, with the cavallino on the sides, a very odd sight on an All American Car!😀 Im pretty sure Scalextric or Revell or MRRC must have released this livery.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
People think Can Ams were huge monsters, they weren't.
They were, but mostly on the motor, just take a look on the specs +500 hp and even Porsche with their “small” motors +350 hp! That power on a 500-800 kg car is not for any pilot I think…😉

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I saw a bloated modern Ferrari yesterday and thought it was a Peugeot…….
View attachment 292744
The only car released by Peugeot that resembles a Ferrari is, as far as I know, the infamous 406 Coupe, that by the way remember looked awesome at the dealers showroom. It was designed by one of the greatest designers of the cavallino brand. I remember it’s beautiful leather seats that matched the driving wheel, it’s was a 3.0 lt, V6.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

That very year (2003) I bought my first new car from a dealer, of course it was not a 406 but it’s smaller brother, a 206 XS… it stood on the dealers workshop for a sensor failure on the gearbox for 6 month approximately, just after two months of buying it…
Cheers

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I really wanted a 406 Coupe, went to the dealership to buy one, sat inside it and.......... Christ it was boring, I was driving a 406 saloon at the time and the interior of the coupe was identical, lovely shape though...
Yes of course, the important thing is the body, imagine the difference in price between a Vw Golf, a Seat Cupra and an Audi A3, they all share the same motor and probably gearbox, difference comes in the body and price…😉

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
And the used materials (on the inside), the finish, how well it all fits together. Premium will invest more in those things.
And of course the (premium) companies also look into smaller details more, like how the sound is when you shut the doors. That has to sound premium too.

Although one can argue if it is worth the money as it all comes down to how the car drives, but one does buy more expensive brands to feel better. And that is easier when the details say 'premium'.
Agreed!😉👍🏼

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
This post will be double, as these are Ferraris but also GT cars, so here we go…

Mostly 550, 458,488 and a few 360 from Carrera, Black Arrow and Scx, almost all tuned in some form and many with 3dp chasis and all the usual stuff…
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

The Valentino Rossi in it’s Black and yellow livery it’s one of my favs and the #68 488 it’s a Carrera with Olifer chasis, a fav of Jr.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Have we yet concluded the identity of the most desirable of all roadgoing and racing Ferraris? At a wild guess, I imagine that most aficionados would vote for the 250GTO, P4, 275GTB4A and 312B, but I can't be sure.

The list goes on and on, eh? Any views, please, chaps? Always interesting to read and absorb.
My top three Ferrari (Road car) would be:

1) 250 GTO
2) 458 Italia
3) 360 GTC

·
Registered
3,241 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Revos need to be treated as a different class really, you don't need everything to lap in 6.9.
They seem to have fun with them at South Manchester, GT 2 only run there I think.

Think many brands need to be treated as not comparing Apples with Bannanas, we ran SCX DTM on Friday night ,racing very enjoyable ,very close apart from offs, but it's not going to be a 6.9 unless you throw most of it away,which is imho pointless, also needlessly expensive .
Most of my shelf queens are LMM cars.
Agreed, not every car must be that fast to be enjoyable , however that’s when 3dp comes in handy, I saw somewhere a 3dp chasis for a Revoslot Gt, can’t remember right now where it was, but in case you need a fast Revo, I think that would be the option. Since I already bought a nice stable of Revos, I’m in favor of the mono class racing , as I concour with the opinion of the most, as the Revos are hard to mix with other brands due to its unique qualities.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 63 Posts