SlotForum banner
241 - 260 of 1000 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Yep looks like the 63 Rover, before it gained more attractive bodywork for I think 65.
The Esso tanker may have been a French dinky, might have been re released more recently by Atlas as a fortnightly collecting.
There was about ten years ago a French partwork by altaya of interesting 50s/60s trucks, think it was called something like camions du autre fois, but don't quote me.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Dino 206/246 simply denotes the engine type ie Dino v6 20l or dino246 2.4 litre the thing that defines the model is sp or gts ect sp sports prototype gts gran touring sports ,all ferraris in the 60s can be decoded from their numers such as the 512 s. 5.0 litre v12 model 512 easy really,I’m sure Joel knowsmany more than I do even the oddball ones (y)

·
Slot King
3,165 Posts
Let's return to slotcars, earlier I showed pictures of bodies entirely built out of metal or out of plasticard, here are a couple built out of wood.
A bit of a crude Shark nose
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Much nicer but sadly underscale 250TR
Tire Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

1/24th Adams and Sons RTR 275P, made up of a Monogram body fitted to their MK2 chassis
This car is rather rare and usually expensive, but I was lucky enough to smuggle that one out of eBay for a very reasonable price whilst the proper collectors weren't looking.
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive design

As this thread is about Ferraris themselves, I don't normally show chassis, but this one is worth looking at. The perfect definition of the "beautiful loser".
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Product Automotive lighting

More to follow

Joel

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Dino 206/246 simply denotes the engine type ie Dino v6 20l or dino246 2.4 litre the thing that defines the model is sp or gts ect sp sports prototype gts gran touring sports ,all ferraris in the 60s can be decoded from their numers such as the 512 s. 5.0 litre v12 model 512 easy really,I’m sure Joel knowsmany more than I do even the oddball ones (y)
Not so easy for earlier 1960s Ferraris: 365 GTB - 3.6 litre 5-cylinder Boxer?
No; 365 is the capacity per cylinder in cc, so 4400cc or 4.4 litres for the V12 engine. Most of the ‘60s Ferraris were numbered like this, including the 3 litre 250 GTO V12.
Mike

·
Kitbasher
4,565 Posts
365 GTB, 12 cylinders of 365cc each = 4.380 CC

246GT = 2.4 litre 6 cilinder

the 12 cyclinder cars follow the 'cc per pot rule' so a 250 is a 250cc x 12 = 3 litre
the 6 cylinders are called Dinos after Enzos son, and are 6 cylinders and the name gives the size, 246GT = 2.4 litre V6

Simples, or not.....

·
Slot King
3,165 Posts
Let's start the day with a few P3/4
I guess many people in the 1/32nd forum are not used to vacform bodies, some might even intensely dislike them. I used to, and used to laugh at the SRS bodies one could find. until one day I saw this car going cheaply at a swapmeet, and I realised that the good ones can be made to look really nice.
This is at least as nice as the contemporary Scalex P4.
Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive design

Here are a few of its mates loitering in my collection. The first one is by MRRC the others??
Car Hood Automotive lighting Toy Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Natural material Rectangle Auto part

Automotive lighting Natural material Hood Automotive design Electric blue

These are by Lancer
Vehicle Tire Car Automotive design Toy

Joel

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I personally think the SRS 1 bodies have a certain charm and on a home track go pretty well.
Some oddball cars as well, favourite is the can am single seater.
For whatever reason I didn't get the Lotus,McLaren or Ferrari, back on track.

·
Slot King
3,165 Posts
I now appreciate the SRS cars, but didn't before. Now I tolerate proper pancakes in my collection, but I wouldn't race them.
Anyway, back to P3/4s, all 1/24th
First one with a slightly thingyfied (is that a word?) body, made by Riggen (great colour)
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Unknown one but probably UK made, a bit of a favorite, painted by the unknown scratchbuilder.
Vehicle Car Hood Toy Automotive design

Lancer body in Dynamic kit.
Wheel Motor vehicle Hood Toy Tire

Joel

241 - 260 of 1000 Posts