SlotForum banner
261 - 280 of 1009 Posts

·
Slot King
3,181 Posts
A few "real" ones just for fun, all of them entered in various editions of the TdF.
Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car Motor vehicle

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

And the best of them all, another for the "I wish I'd been there thread" 64 GTO driven by the incomparable Annie Blanche Marie Soisbault de Montaigu, (her husband drove a 62 GTO).
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Joel

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
This post will be double, as these are Ferraris but also GT cars, so here we go…

Mostly 550, 458,488 and a few 360 from Carrera, Black Arrow and Scx, almost all tuned in some form and many with 3dp chasis and all the usual stuff…
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

The Valentino Rossi in it’s Black and yellow livery it’s one of my favs and the #68 488 it’s a Carrera with Olifer chasis, a fav of Jr.

Cheers

·
Slot King
3,181 Posts
The P2 was very popular with slotcar makers in the 60s
A few of them (all 1/24th)
Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Toy Red Motor vehicle Font Gas

Little known Japanese brand Climax (Would have gone down a storm in the UK)
Rectangle Font Gas Technology Signage

Automotive lighting Bumper Plastic Auto part Font

The unknown scratchbuilder strikes again, 2 I got in a large joblot around 10 years ago, both with Dynamic chassis.
bodies are Lancer or Pactra.
Vehicle Wheel Car Toy Hood

Car Vehicle Hood Wheel Motor vehicle

Finally, a truck trying to stay ahead of a proper racing car.
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Plant

Joel

·
Slot King
3,181 Posts
Just to make sure you guys don't think I only like cra**yold stuff, here are some modern ones I race regularly.
First my regular ride in SSRCs "modified GT" class
Repainted Ninco 360 fitted with the standard chassis which is now more superglue gel than plastic. Bought second hand 12 years ago, still quite competitive after all that time.
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive parking light Automotive design

Another Ninco
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Toy

Proslot repaint
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Hood

Repainted Revell kit which I really should fit to a chassis.
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Joel

·
Registered
12,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
Have we yet concluded the identity of the most desirable of all roadgoing and racing Ferraris? At a wild guess, I imagine that most aficionados would vote for the 250GTO, P4, 275GTB4A and 312B, but I can't be sure.

The list goes on and on, eh? Any views, please, chaps? Always interesting to read and absorb.

·
Slot King
3,181 Posts
1964 250 Lusso for me, but based on racing pedigree most people will chose the 250GTO.

2 static F1s build from slot vacform bodies, the guy added loads of great details.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Car

I have always admired the work of the unknown people who back in the 60s managed to build wonderful cars without all of the resources that we now have. Over the years, I have amassed a reasonable collection of vintage scratchbuilt cars.

Joel

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I’m with joel 63 250 lusso , and I can also vouch for some of the stunning old scratch built cars he’s ammased,most of which photos do no justice to ,as their so much better when you get to handle them as the old stuff has a patina and overall feel that only comes with age ,and no matter how you may try iit can’t be faked ,and it may come as a suprise to others that much as I’m good with building the. New stuff ,I love the old stuff more as it’s much more of a challenge to make it work well,will try to get a few pics of some of my own Ferrari tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Have we yet concluded the identity of the most desirable of all roadgoing and racing Ferraris? At a wild guess, I imagine that most aficionados would vote for the 250GTO, P4, 275GTB4A and 312B, but I can't be sure.

The list goes on and on, eh? Any views, please, chaps? Always interesting to read and absorb.
My top three Ferrari (Road car) would be:

1) 250 GTO
2) 458 Italia
3) 360 GTC

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

If we’re going to designate the 250 GTO a road car; for racing, the 312P Berlinetta from Le Mans 1969, closely followed by the P3/P4 and any of the pre-1970 V12 F1 cars.
Mike

·
Slot King
3,181 Posts
I few more F1

312 T3 by Carrera
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Toy

Hawk D50, actually quite hard to find.
Motor vehicle Car Toy Vehicle Hood

In 1/24th Strombecker 158, even harder to find than the Hawk kit.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

American company Atlas released a 158 too, but it was in fact made in Japan by Marusan, and also released by Faller of Germany. (all 3 in 1 shot0
Sports equipment Auto part String instrument accessory Plastic Tire

Joel

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
This is a Scalextric Ferrari F1/87 car from the 1987 F1 season. This car was driven by Gerhard Berger.
The model was, I believe, actually made in Spain and then shipped to the UK for the motor to be fitted. This would certainly explain the unusual tyres and grey contrate gear on the rear axle.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
This is a Scalextric Ferrari 643 F1 car. This model was in the Scalextric catalogue for a few years. As you can see, it's not as nice to look at as the F1/87 above but does have the usual F1 tyres Scalextric fitted to their F1 cars at the time.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

261 - 280 of 1009 Posts