SlotForum banner
281 - 300 of 1147 Posts

·
Slot King
3,355 Posts
Nice Alan.
Here is a resin 312P body made a long time ago under the name of Lesco100 (They made the coupe version too) I don't who they were/are, but to my eyes, it's the nicest 312P available. Mine is fitted with a Riko chassis.
Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood

Vehicle Car Tire Automotive design Mode of transport

Joel

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Not sure what would be easiest, I think the real car was a re-bodied 312P in which case is would be bigger then either the PB or the Chevron.
It ended up looking like this.
View attachment 293897

I might do the first version, as a project for this year.

Joel
The Betta 312PB is a ‘handling’ body, so it’s oversize and would do quite well for one of these. The polystyrene is really easy to cut and shape. I used one to make a 1972 Le Mans Duckhams Cosworth, which you can find on this forum.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Slot King
3,355 Posts
Guys, thanks for the suggestions, it's much appreciated, in my thick head I had decided that starting from a 312P was the best way to go. Now I am a little bit confused, I'll measure things and decide how I progress, I do have a couple of spare Fly Chevron, and Ian is easy to contact if I need to.

Joel

·
Slot King
3,355 Posts
3 Breadvans, don't know who made the first 2, but the black fibreglass one was made by the late great Derek Cooper.
Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Vehicle

Circuit 24 was the generic name for slotcars in France in the same way Scalextric is in the UK.
250TR, 1960 LM winner.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

If you thought the Fly Daytona was a bit wide (you would be right) but see what someone did to it in the early 70s in order to comply with the silly racing rules of the period. Thunderslot is now halfway to the same sillyness. The one on the right is more to scale, recast of the Ikko model.
Car Vehicle Toy Automotive lighting Hood

And just for fun, another picture of the Hasegawa 1/24th Dino. Currently sitting in my "to redo" pile. (I lent it to someone at Rockingham who totally trashed it crashing every lap going full pelt into the first corner).
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Wheel

Joel

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Interesting point on the 0123 logos on the F40.
There's a guy on YouTube does vids on typical Tokyo work and life, its rather different from here.
He did a vid on a typical Tokyo flat and move to a new one.
The removal company was quite possibly a seriously good improvement on your typical Pickford's, the company is 0123, so accidentally I discovered what the hell 0123 were.

281 - 300 of 1147 Posts