SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 1874 Posts

·
Alan Wilkinson
1,415 Posts
My mock up of the Ferrari 1000th F1 Race car.
Based on an AllSlot with custom fabricated wing work.
The front of the body was cut, split, filed and strutted to make that "nose".
Made as best as I could with AllSlot decals, abandoned older sponsors and chopped up others.
Wish I could have made the "1000" white as the real car but printing white is not possible on a home inkjet.

Pretty and fragile it may be, but primarily aimed at club racing with a scaleauto sc30 outlaw motor, I expect this car to look less pretty by the end of 2022. :eek:
AlanW
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Wow! This thread grew too fast!
Ferrari was my first 'love'
Agreed mate, from childhood I only remember three loves about cars😍, the Vette C4, Porsche 930 turbo and of course Ferrari and its Testarossa model, never got one of them on the wall of my room but I used tu cut magazines ads and glue them to the cover or back cover of my notebooks, funny thing is even now I have not a single Testarossa as a slot car(fact I believe I only have some Hotwheels around in a box), maybe it’s time to look for one or even print one🤔

Nowdays it’s the 458, 488 both in GT3 class and 599 GTO my favs from Ferrari, although I have a full transporter box of modern Ferrari. I will post some pics here in this thread later.

Cheers

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have but one Ferrari in my 1 year old, 20 car garage, the current Scalextric 412P below.

My first F1 race was in 2000, when the circus came back to Indianapolis. On the Saturday, we ended up in conversation with folks around us. As might have been expected, there were lots of locals there that were relatively new to F1. At one point, one of the locals asked no one in particular where in Italy Ferrari was. Another local answered, in the local accent, “moe DEE nuh”. A nearby Italian corrected him: “MAW dih nuh”. They went back and forth a bit, with the Italian giving the local phonetic lessons in Italian “the a, it says ah, the e, it says eh” and so on. [I realize the folly in trying to type this story in an international forum]. I’m not sure they ever agreed on the pronunciation of Modena.

As a youngster, I read somewhere that Ferrari never spent a nickel on advertising. The Scuderia is the advertising department. As an oldster, I read (in an article about Chaparrals) that Enzo was rumored to say “aerodynamics is for people that can’t build engines.”

Regardless, there’s a mystique.

Car Vehicle Hood Tire Automotive design

·
Registered
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I recall an erstwhile, and fairweather, chum telling me some 30 years ago, that: "No one has ever written a book about Ferrari that's worth reading."

Was he right? Can this be true? Surely not?

·
Registered
15,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
David

Quite true. Enzo told a number of people that aerodynamics are in the domain of people who can't build engines. John Surtees and Brian Redman were early recipients of this piece of 'wisdom'.

Just one (of many reasons) why Ferrari haven't won Le Mans since 1965.

·
Alan Wilkinson
1,415 Posts
2 posts in one thread in a day?
I'm losing it :oops:

However, here is the GasMunkee LeMans Ferrari 458 in LeMans livery being prepped for a future DiSCA event.
More decals to slide into place yet.
For Analogue racing, I would never prep a red car (where I red lane tape could not seen) with beautiful detailed livery (that would be ripped off by the damned lane tape)
But for DiSCA digital, no lane Tape. :)
Endurance racing is brutal enough on the machinery without assistance.😬
AlanW

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
GDS, my love of Ferrari started as a little boy enthralled by Magnum P.I's Ferrari 308GTB. I have driven a Testarossa around a small circuit in Leicestershire which was fun
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

so when Octane made a slot version I had to have it and promptly broke off the slats on the rear of the car in its first off. Oops.
I also have read a few Ferrari books.

21 - 40 of 1874 Posts