SlotForum banner
961 - 980 of 1000 Posts

·
Slot King
3,165 Posts
Just a couple of pictures before I go out racing at SSRC.

Unknown 1/24th vacform on top of a Dynamic chassis.
Car Vehicle Automotive design Tire Motor vehicle

Carrera 1/32nd 512M, pretty ugly.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Toy

The big Citroen is finished, getting a 3rd shakedown run tonight before I return to France for a few weeks.
It was too long legged at 9/34, now fitted with 72 pitch gears 12/54 transformed the car.
Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car Hood

Car Vehicle Wheel Hood Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Hood Kit car Personal luxury car

Will post chassis pictures tomorrow

Joel

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Great to see Chocolate Eclair driving Niki Laudas 1974 312b3 on some demonstration laps at the Monaco historic.
Unfortunately I suspect Carlos will be ribbing him later this week, as on his last lap he got onto the marbles and cement dust at Rascasse, and promptly reversed into the barrier, ouch.
Cracking car the 74 b3, got a couple of Spanish Scalextric ones,looks great in Yellow.

·
Slot King
3,165 Posts
In contrast, here an oldie driving a modernish F1
Tire Wheel Helmet Car Vehicle

Here are the various Ferraris, I tried to race in SSRCs "Modified GT" class, but in the end, I always go back to my old Ninco 360.
Biggest disappointment, the BBR 430.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Fly F40, I am convinced I can get one of those to be competitive, but no luck so far.
Car Vehicle Tire Hood Wheel

Red ones are no quicker
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Spoiler

Even with door painted black.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Slot It ones are fine but still no match for the race prepared Ninco.
Land vehicle Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

This is fitted with a Slot It chassis, still needs a lightweight interior before I test it.
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

Finally one I never did do anything with, Proslot 355, awaiting a chassis of some sort.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Car

Joel

·
Slot King
3,165 Posts
I have raced a Fly F40 on a couple of occasions and it was fine, but I would need to spend time torturing a set of Ultragrips to be more competitive.
Most of the other cars in the class are NSR, I don't know why or how my Ninco 360 is still competitive.

Joel

·
Slot King
3,165 Posts
Now that I am back in la Belle France (great journey avoiding motorways yesterday, not as quick but much nicer scenery)

We all like the wide bodied 512BB, many years ago I bought those decals from Michael Ortmann, but I have never managed to find a picture of the car in white (besides the one supplied with the decals)
Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car

Joel

·
Slot King
3,165 Posts
Southend Slot Racing Club (SSRC for short) has regular meetings for "vintage" slotcars (basically before 1972)
This is a picture of one of the very early meetings in 2003, we still had the Ninco track then.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Someone sent me an email asking how the Citroen SM was built, obviously with a couple of glugs of this (no cheap supermarket plonk in my house)
For the record, great French wines this century are in years that are multiples of 5: 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015, etc... (For the record, 2015 is getting really hard to find at reasonable prices)
Bottle Automotive tire Drinking establishment Glass bottle Drink

Joel

PS: Weather here in France is astonishing.

·
Slot King
3,165 Posts
#besides decent red wine, music does come into the whole process.
Here is little something you might find interesting. (This is not really my type of stuff, but sometimes, you have to step back and say " what the *uck".
The incomparable Youn Sun Nah, what a voice! and the band is not bad either.

Joel

961 - 980 of 1000 Posts