SlotForum banner
101 - 120 of 1874 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Here is a car which hasn't been done by the modern resin guys, and it's a real shame because it is really good looking.
Decades ago, I found a lumpy vacform (done in the 60s by MRRC) and set to making a reasonable slotcar out of it, back then I used a lot of Ninco classic bits (driver, interior and wheels)
View attachment 291411

Although lumpy, the basic shape is really good (much better than the Tamiya version) I am quite pleased with the end results, but it clearly needs "updating"
View attachment 291412

Joel
Yet another project waiting its turn in my queue. I’m more disciplined these days and I try to avoid buying things with no immediate means of finishing them…….
Mike
Rectangle Font Plastic Electric blue Tints and shades

·
Slot King
4,023 Posts
Forgot to post that one with the other plasticard cars.
Vehicle Wheel Car Tire Toy

The builder has made a really good job of it (even though it is too narrow), I really love this sort of stuff, some guy back in the 60s either couldn't find one or couldn't afford one, decided to build his own instead.

Joel

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
A pair of not Ferraris, NSR Fiat 500, and a scratch built Ferrari dealer sponsored NASCAR

View attachment 291607
Actually that would have happened, as in USA the N.A.R.T. was the official distributor for Ferrari🤔
Im not sure but I think I saw a picture of a car (not Ferrari) sponsored by the N.A.R.T. some years ago…

PS. There you go, I was sure I saw it and here it is…
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Toy

1972 Vette, with the cavallino on the sides, a very odd sight on an All American Car!😀 Im pretty sure Scalextric or Revell or MRRC must have released this livery.

·
Kitbasher
4,638 Posts
Actually that would have happened, as in USA the N.A.R.T. was the official distributor for Ferrari🤔
Im not sure but I think I saw a picture of a car (not Ferrari) sponsored by the N.A.R.T. some years ago…

PS. There you go, I was sure I saw it and here it is…
View attachment 291621
1972 Vette, with the cavallino on the sides, a very odd sight on an All American Car!😀 Im pretty sure Scalextric or Revell or MRRC must have released this livery.
The NASCAR did happen, it was the Ferrari dealer for Florida. After the NASCAR he was the ex-Ferrari dealer for Florida.

Trisha, I have the same #75 made by PRS in 1/32, lovely car...

"Tifosi, the NSR Abarth you posted is my fastest car. What's the NASCAR? I like the engine detail."

Pretty much my fastest car too but it is one of the few cars I have where the magnet is still present.
The NASCAR? Monogram 'Snaptite' model on a Scalextric inline NASCAR chassis, PATTOS Decals....

101 - 120 of 1874 Posts