Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there are English cars I'm particularly fond of, they are surely Aston Martin ones.
And as I get much more pleasure building kits than buying rtr cars, I had to put my hands on some GP Minaiatures and PSK products.
So far, I built 4 of them, and still have 4 other ones to come later.

The first one is Zagato's Zagato. A friend of mine helped me printing the decals to get the livery of the number 13 in the 1963 Japan Grand Prix :

Not the easiest one to build, but a great pleasure seeing it on the track

Then, I built 3 PSK ones, a DB3S first :

... followed by a DBR1 :

... and an other DB3S I was very happy to find on Ebay a few weeks ago :

I have 2 DB2/4 (PSK) on my workbench at the moment, and 2 GP Miniatures still in their boxes, a DBR1 and a DP214.

To be continued ...

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Such beautiful cars ......... such patience .......... such a reward and satisfaction

·
Mr. Olufsen
1,212 Posts
Hi Fred,

Big cheers, they are beautiful.

/Christian

·
Pete Shepherd
1,689 Posts
Lovely work Fred, the #24 DB3S is my favourite but they are all very nice.

Pete

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nothing to add to what was said above...
Great work indeed

I've got two Aston Martin for which work is in progress: A DB 3S coupé (like yours) and a DB 2/4.
Picts soon.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Truely a delight to behold, all of them. Beautiful.

I am a bit confused though, it seems from the first picture of the number 4 that you did not paint the inside of the wheels black before putting the spokes in. However seeing the other pictures it does seem like you painted them...

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
"Very very nice Fred".....

All the best.. Martin.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your kind words.

Tonight, I finished one of my DB2/4, the Sebring one :

An other lovely kit by PSK

Hope you like it as I do

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (Ember @ 17 Mar 2012, 01:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm a firm believer in the idea that one can never have enough Aston Martins.
Sorry for the late answer, but I totally agree with you

My next Aston Martin will probably be the new PSK DB3, but I have 3 other cars to finish before ... and I also have 4 GP Miniatures kits waiting for their turn

Here is my second DB2/4 I finished a few days ago :

Yesterday evening I added the photoetched part on the radiator grill :

·
David J
3,182 Posts
Missed this thread first time around, what a beautiful collection have Aston's you've produced. Don't wait so long before you show us the next one.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
some real nice cars there ,im getting a rather disturbingly large collection of astons myself ,will post some pics if I get time, but its right u cant have to many astons

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
Lovely Models. I think you will find that what you describe as a DB2/4 Coupe is a DB Mkiii. Quote from the AM site"As the car started to look a little dated, the design was considerably freshened with the arrival of the DB Mark III (the 2/4 bit was dropped) in 1957. The newly shaped grille was obviously influenced by the DB3"

timthumb.jpg
There now I'll stop being a Pedant.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (alfetta @ 20 Jul 2013, 08:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lovely Models. I think you will find that what you describe as a DB2/4 Coupe is a DB Mkiii. Quote from the AM site"As the car started to look a little dated, the design was considerably freshened with the arrival of the DB Mark III (the 2/4 bit was dropped) in 1957. The newly shaped grille was obviously influenced by the DB3"

View attachment 11548
There now I'll stop being a Pedant.
It's correct to call it a DB2/4 Mark III. Aston refered to it both as the DB2/4 MkIII and the DB MkIII so either is correct. However it is not a coupe it is a saloon. There were three versions, the saloon (this one), the convertible and the fixed head coupe (very rare and actually a convertible with a roof fixed on).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you Rich5ltr for this information

Since this morning, there is a new Aston Martin on my track, the DB4 GTZ which ran Le Mans in 1963.
The possibility to acquire this kit made by PSK was offered last year to the members of the french association Circuits Routiers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts