SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
David Farrow
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Gavin is organising a one of event at Wellingborough to liven up the Christmas break. It is a standalone event for 1/24 Falcon production on the raceway and a race on the Slot stocks track. We have lots of cars and all the controllers you will need so this is a good time to come and try this sort of racing out.

Everyone is welcome all ages and abilities and especially from other clubs so come and have some fun..

I will be inviting some friends who have never tried slot racing before to come and have a go.

A good event for the wife and kids, they can see what we get up to.

Doors open 7.00 and he plans to start at 8.00

We will get the Scalelx track running so you can try out your Christmas presents.

For any other further details drop [email protected] a line.

See you all there.

David Farrow

·
Registered
416 Posts
As this a fun evening, I think that it would be a good time to hold a transporter race on the oval.
It could also be a good time to try out any hot rods on there too.

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
Thank you to all those that attended to make the evening as fun as it was, and a special thanks to Gavin, David and Angela for running the two tracks over the evening.

30 racers trying their hand at 1/24 falcon production racing on the raceway and slot stox on the oval, as well having a free reign to try the kyosho 1/43 porsches (needed more fettling to make them run nicely) on the scalextric track. Lots of new young drivers as well as extremely experienced racers although only 6 locals from the Wellingborough club.

James Cleave took the overall honours after combining the results of the slot stox and raceway followed by Ian Fisher, Mike Thompson and then myself. A bountiful supply of prizes from club member and race team West-Tec owner Gavin meant everyone left fully loaded with lots of goodies.

An excellent, fun event and a good way to round off 2011. Hope to see some of these racers at our regular evenings.

thanks

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts