Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, you're at your Club. And there are a number of races to be played.
But every class of car has a different type of tyre fitted.
You have not got the time to clean the track after every event and before the next. Track has to stay as it is.

C1 has NSR Rubber
C2 has Standard rubber, as the car came with
C3 has Slot it Rubber
C4 has Slot it Silicon
C5 Has Super Tyres Silicon
C6 has WASP URETHANE
C7 has PaulG URETHANE
C8 has Yellow Dog URETHANE

How do you go about this? Which tyre would you run first. Which last.
You need to get the best out of each.
I have my 1 to 8 list. Would like to see how you would play it. OH. There is no getting out of this. Like, "Well, we don't allow xxx at our club". For now. YOU DO.
The rules are that all tyres must be used.

Game on.......

1st.
2nd.
3rd.
4th.
5th.
6th.
7th.
8th.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Any order you like, everyone's tyres will be messed up equally, but playing the game, rubbers first, then Urethanes and then Silicones to clean the track up nicely.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
i,d go the other way. silicones first on a clean track. then urethanes, because they,d run allright on a track stripped by the silly,s then the rubber last, relying on the slight residue, left by the urethanes. whats your views and whys. john.

·
Rich Dumas
3,532 Posts
You guys like to make things complicated, we run all of our classes on the same tires. No tire that I have ever tried works well on a filthy track. We have run proxy races where the cars all had rubber tires, some where they all had urethane tires and some where there was a mix of tires. Assuming that you start with a track that is reasonably clean with maybe a little dust and the usual rubber deposits in the grooves I would run the classes with rubber tires first. SILICONE tires are said to lift the rubber from the track surface and spoil the grip for rubber tires. I would run the cars with urethane tires next, dust and rubber does not stick to urethane, the grip may not be as good as it would be if the track was perfectly clean, but it would at least be consistant throughout the race. I would run the SILICONE tires last. SILICONE tires like a perfectly clean track and they will pick up dust. If you do a practice session and clean the tires frequently before starting the actual racing the track should be in decent shape. If the track is dirty to start with conditions are likely to inprove as a race progresses, so the cars that start first will be at a disadvantage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts