SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Circuit Owner
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But not the F type you are thinking of.

A chance image when browsing the Interweb the other day reminded me of a vehicle I had all but forgotten but saw regularly when I was a kid in the 70's.

I cannot recall ever seeing one of these in slot form so I thought - "why not?"

I found some dimensions for the F Range made by Morrisons and this seemed a better option than the 3 wheeler I remember from early mornings in my youth.

Here's the chassis....

and yes I know the wheels are inappropriate but they are intended to be ironic (as will the scale speed be!)

IMG_7677.jpg

IMG_7678.jpg

Attachments

·
Circuit Owner
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Plenty of room for a chip. The motor will be a more powerful one once it is run-in.

The Beast itself weighs in at 130g - about the same as a Scalextric Truck.

IMG_7679.jpg

IMG_7680.jpg

IMG_7681.jpg

Enough of a teaser?

Attachments

·
Circuit Owner
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK here goes...

...but is the Slot world ready for this?

The original ubiquitous electric vehicle...

IMG_7682.jpg

IMG_7683.jpg

Attachments

·
Circuit Owner
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course I needed some stock to deliver so I printed it. The driver is not mine - he was moved from Tractor duties.

IMG_7687.jpg

IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7689.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Mr Modifier

Brilliant! And Lateral. Once it's painted in Gulf colours, they'll all want one... Go one better, therefore. The 917 Pink Pig will usurp all.

·
Circuit Owner
5,903 Posts
@RikoRocket - no need for slow - its going to be the fastest milk cart in the West!

@Trisha - one of my club mates said Gulf! Im thinking Unigate for this one. But Gulf is on the cards. Pink pig is an interesting idea but what about the black and white cow pattern of Gateway Computers?

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
All it needs now is a wibbly-wobbly Chase Car chassis for some serious fun .......
dribble.gif
:lmfao:

Reactions: Mr Modifier

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Mr Modifer, I have to ask, Is that milk float Ernie's? After all he did drive the fastest milk cart in the West!!! :p

·
Circuit Owner
5,903 Posts
Oh yes it has to be. I anticipate a scale speed of 200mph (about 2.8 m/s in 1/32) - something even Ernie wouldnt have contemplated!

·
Jim Moyes
5,018 Posts
You could easily do a scale version of Ray Christopher's "Pastyereyes Express"!

https://imagehosting.rodsnsods.co.uk/imported/2011/08/46.jpg

I was at Wheels Day (the Street Rod scene's Good Friday season opener) in about 1976, when he turned up with this completely unannounced. He'd driven from Bournemouth to Bracknell in it, and as soon as it rolled into the arena the crowd made a beeline for it.

Reactions: Mr Modifier

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts

·
Circuit Owner
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmmm I had heard of a couple of V8 milk floats. I already have a 3D V8 from my Rat Rod project - easy enough to stick that on the rear deck...

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
That's amazing, you really have got the hand of that printer.

That should be interesting negotiating your Ice Maiden track.

It also reminds me there is a book a should read again, about crossing Britain by electric milk float, an F type I'm sure, written by Tony Hawk, of Morris Minor and the Majors fame..........

I'd better start looking, I've only got about a month to find it.

Simon

·
Circuit Owner
5,903 Posts
Time for an update.

I have three Milk Floats in the pipeline - one is finished, one is part way through and one is fresh off the printer.

I tweaked the chassis to add height adjustment to the front axle, and I added a digital chip tray (there is a ridiculous amount of room inside this thing!)...

IMG_7884.jpg

So which one did I finish?

This one.....

MF01.jpg

MF02.jpg

MF03.jpg

MF04.jpg

MF05.jpg

MF06.jpg

There goes Ernie - off into the sunset....

MF07.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Kamm tail, high-downforce nosecone, Marlboro livery, all-electric power and a token passenger seat.

Could this be the future of international sports car racing?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
That's brilliant,reminds me of my brother helping the milkman when we were kids many years ago! Please mass produce as RTR, would be great to have one (I am useless with a kit).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts