SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Hi here is a rare hardback book from Japan on slot cars. The title of the book is Model Car Racing. It has a cardboard sleeve as well. The book was published December 25th 1965. It has 176 pages and cost 320 y back then. It has sections on racing commercial tracks,cars,chassis.wheels, and some great ads.

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
Wow, I did not know the existence of this.

Fantastic !.

It shows the 1/32 Jaguar E and the Nissan Fairlane by Nitto !

·
Premium Member
5,185 Posts
Nice! I was given that book by a Japanese friend years ago as well as another Japanese slot car book, but it was missing its cover. Now I know what that looks like!
smile.png

·
Administrator
9,786 Posts
Yes, fantastic find Bernard! Parts of it look more like a catalog, but my Japanese is rather limited... is there a credited author?

Don

·
Premium Member
5,185 Posts
Don,
I studied the book with a Japanese friends years ago. Funny, I found it in the files and studied it just a month ago in search of whatever I may have missed... There is no author mentioned, and it is a bit of a catalog indeed. The cover picture with the Chaparral is in fact American and the car is pictured on a Russkit chassis building "Adjust-O-Jig".
There is also a lot of retailer and manufacturer advertising, but nothing that we did not know as far as cars.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Ah!, so Bernard , we know how you are able to access such fantastic stuff from the land of the rising sun........
What a charming book.
Simon

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I have got some more modern Japanese Model car magazines and they had Slotcar sections in them including one issue that featured the box artwork of most slotcars over several pages

Regards Allan

·
Premium Member
5,185 Posts
Allan must be talking about "Model Car" # 12, an entire issue about slot cars. This was an important magazine as it first listed Japanese kits that were mostly unknown to European and American collectors. Right, Allan?

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts