SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I sse myself not only as a prat but also as being unlucky, in that my Birthday is right after Christmas.

On the plus side it is during the january sales!

So, now to the point:

What car should I spend my Birthday money on in the sales?

I like the slidey cars like SCX so what would be your choices (top 3)

Doug

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
My favourite slidy cars are the ninco RAID series, I have the Mitsubishi pajero and speedy truck, both are fabulous. The porsche911 is slidy too - I think its the pro-shock system that does it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice, I already have the pajero and, yes, it is great fun withoiut a mag round the corners.

I think i would have to go for the 911 by ninco.

Does the ford torino need any weight added to it or does it just run great without the mag? oh sorry, sorry... Scalextric cars running great without the mag? what was i thinking?

Doug

·
Registered
115 Posts
Despite the recent negative analysis, I've purchased the new Truxmore "LM" version of the Gran Torino, ...and as drifting goes, I love it. And since my track is supposed to be rather snowy and icy, it works.

After replacing the thicker standard magnet with a much thinner one, the car runs exactly as I like to race 'em: Big, fast, and hardly aerodynamic!

·
Registered
47 Posts
My best cars for sliding so far are my Ninco Mclaren F1 GTR's , which I think is unusual because they are so short. My Ninco M3's are pretty good sliders too.

I think a decent controller will also help!

Cheers, Skid-kid

·
Registered
662 Posts
QUOTE I like the slidey cars like SCX so what would be your choices (top 3)
I'm a big rally fan, so I'll have to be biased on this one.... just don't forget to remove those magnets

1. Subaru Impreza WRC (61810):

2. Ford Focus WRC (61880):

3. Peugeot 307 WRC (61610):

Enjoy whatever you go for

·
Matt Nicholls
2,000 Posts
The MC12 by scaley is a pretty good slidey car, even with the magnet in as it is the new stepped one, creating less downforce round the corner so it can slide, but enough so it will accelerate really quickly. I'd guess the Scaley SLR would be of a similar driving style as it has the same magnet.

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts