SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies & Gentlemen,
it is my pleasure to let you know that our book "Slot Car Dreams" is now available from Electric Dreams. To order, go to their website at www.electricdreams.com.

320 pages, over 800 pictures. This is and will be a true Bible for slot car enthusiasts the world over, as it is not only a history book, but it describes in great detail what took place in the "Classic Era" of slot car racing, when millions of young Americans spent time and lots of their cash onto their addiction to this great hobby. For the first time, a whole chapter dedicated to American "pro" racing in the 1960s to the early 1970s.

But first, check the new museum website at www.LASCM.com.

The new book is likely the first in the whole world, to have an interactive website where the printed content is nearly doubled, by accessing web links of which addresses are in various pages.
I hope that you enjoy it, it is a high-quality volume that will last you a lifetime.

Rectangle Font Motor vehicle Metal Wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
And I get.....

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

when I try and view the attached .jpg
sad.png
mad.gif

·
Premium Member
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weird... shows OK on mi side of the pond... :(
Well, try this YouTube comic video then,,, :)

·
David H
3,821 Posts
I don't know, but I'd guess that the costs of producing the book are pretty high and the profit from it quite low. Personally I think it's a wonderful undertaking that deserves to be a success.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
I think it's a masterpiece, the web part looks very interesting.

I will certainly order one next time we visit friends in the States, and have it delivered at their address.

Only have to wait till we can travel again
mad.gif

·
John Roche
4,210 Posts
I don't know, but I'd guess that the costs of producing the book are pretty high and the profit from it quite low. Personally I think it's a wonderful undertaking that deserves to be a success.
I would happily pay that for the book but shipping nearly doubles the price!

Cheers,

John

·
Premium Member
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would like to point out that I am not getting a penny out of it, that there never will be an actual profit from it, and that production costs were above USD200K. You can thank Scott Bader and his deep love for the hobby for financing this high-quality volume, especially in the hard-cover version where the binding quality competes with books costing 5-10-time more.

Yes, USD130 and a hefty shipping charge is the cost of 3 or 4 Scalextric cars (or so). Just think what you can get from it, VS a few cars you might get rapidly bored with.

·
John Roche
4,210 Posts
Hi Philippe,

I appreciate that neither yourself or Electric Dreams are going to make much out of this book and understand the high cost. I would love to have a copy but l have a limited income from my pensions. I have to prioritise what I spend. The massive increase in shipping costs worldwide means that unfortunately future slot car purchases are likely to be pretty much limited to the UK from now on.

All the best,

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts