SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
From the ever working brain of our slot addict Mad Max - alias Massimo Cecconi - a new track; it's a Scalextric Sport two lane, but the design resembles a four : on the front the cars run together, then separate on the other half.
It's a strange sensation : lap after lap the distance between the cars rises or diminishes, however they follow a different path; one has to try it to fully understand, but believe me, it's great! Crossing pieces are there to make lanes of the same lenght.

the front

rear left corner

rear right corner

front left corner

cars at the start

cars separate

then rejoin
Now it's time to complete the scenery, and I'll post other pictures and the Tracker design. Do you like it?
P.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Bleep, you are true, in the foreground is Xlot digital track, and at the left our trusty Ninco six lane 45 meters; we are lucky ones....
Now we have to create a new typology of race for the new Scalextric; we think a one-to-one race of ten or more laps, such as a tennis trophy; on this short and twisty track the best cars are Ninco classics , Flys and the WRC from Scaley and SCX.
P.

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
All of the above...reminds me of a special 'stadium' rally stage...impressive....

now; do I make one like this or do I join the 'track in a box race'

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
p.s. love the controller holders

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice layout, reminds me of the 'Race of Champions' layout used in the 'Stade de France' at the end of last year...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Beautiful scenery and a brilliantly-designed layout... looks like something a wealthy industrialist might have on his estate to facilitate wringing out his personal stable of classic and current race/street cars.

Maybe a few trees... certainly doesn't need buildings and grandstands. Excellent work. Inspiring.

·
Registered
Ninco Slotcar fans
209 Posts
One of my first Slot dream was to build The Race of Champions track, the true/first one in Gran Canarias...

But when i saw this one i wanted to do mine !
Here it is:
(not much scenery as it's in my parents home
...)

and here is the tracker design for Carrera (can be smaller or larger):

Then i thougt to myself it would be better if routed... Or maybe did i say it loud here
page 4

And you know what, BLST (yes blst, the best line man !) just draw this after he saw my track !

A 1:32 Scale "Stade de France Race of Champion".
i love that guy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.