SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello everyone,
Well after looking at what feels like every track on here, I have been inspired to try routing one of my own.
So I've turned from machinist to carpenter , and now becoming an electrician.
I used "BoBCAD" to draw it out and after putting it down on some 1/2 inch MDF then cutting and routing
it out and screwing it down i realized that after i put an overpass in and about a 10 inch level change, that
it didn't line up quite right. (off by about 2 ") So a quick piece of MDF and a couple of slots later I had a new turn,
and that was fixed.
So here is how it sits now. Thanks to all of you who posted and inspired me to give it a go
thus the reason I'm posting here.

the lay out, more or less
8 ftx16ftx4ft

I got the power.

the track

The fix

So the next thing that happens will be the taping followed by the wiring for stations and timer.
Any help with that will be deeply appericiated.
As a matter of fact any adivce, critacizims or help on any of this ......
Thanks for looking

CHIZZ

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
A nice looking track there Chizzler, up among the best. Good use of elevations and a good variety of corners.

I'm sure you learnt a lot with your first routing. It's not such a big deal as it seems, heh?

It might be nice to paint the walls before you get much further, unless, of course you have a plan to add a backdrop. They're going to stand out like a sore thumb against your superb track finishing otherwise.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Very nice track!
Couple questions though....what part of the country do you live? Is that a garage or basement? Reason being is that moisture will cause MDF to expand and contract. Be sure to seal as much of it as possible to avoid this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks guys
As far a the walls i havent decided weather im going to paint it or do the back drop
i'll have to look on-line to see what i can find as far as backdrops i was thinking about an inner city scene but i should know by the end of the weekend

Graham I've learnt so much about a router in general thats its funny and that was a loner. So now i know what i want when i go get one

and no it wasnt as hard as i told myself it was going to be
so anyone out there thinking about it, stop thinking and just do it
it's a blast

And YO i live in florida and its in a garage but i totally forgot about the sealing of the mdf. thanks for the post, it does get a little damp when it rains but its mostly hot more than damp
thanks again guys
buy the way what kind of cotrollers do you two use?
im getting closer to that aspect and i'd like a little input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.