SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
oooh, yes, very nice, particularly the yellow Porsche.

it would be nice to see the red one from some closed angles, does the colour register well? Red doesn't always come out well on model cars for me, looking too dull...

paulw

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Even better is that Fly are promising a 1972 Carrera RS (duck tail spoiler, chin radiator) next.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love those Porsches...and it seems that NINCO also loves them...they aren't just beautiful...they are very good to race(Porsche 911 Turbo...try to use their original motor (NC-5) with everything else from NINCO (axis, wheels, etc)...Very good to race!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE does the colour register well?

At first I thought it looked a little odd...rather than being a brilliant red, it's more the colour of tomato soup. I've never seen the 1:1 car it's modeled after, so I can't comment on whether it's 100% accurate, but the shade grows on you after a while.

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (Screaming Z @ 13 Jan 2005, 02:55)QUOTE does the colour register well?

At first I thought it looked a little odd...rather than being a brilliant red, it's more the colour of tomato soup. I've never seen the 1:1 car it's modeled after, so I can't comment on whether it's 100% accurate, but the shade grows on you after a while.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it's a very interesting red colour.

The car is a model after Swedish Rally driver Bjorn Waldegaard's winning Porsche 911S, where he took victory in the Monte Carlo Rally in 1969

Link to another model of the same from a Swedish site (in english aswell):

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/1999..._porsche911.htm

/BB.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
What I remember from those times is that the red was rather much more burgundy than that.
If using tomatoes I'd say puré, not ketchup.
But the one being into 1:1's is that Huge Bear...

Vrooom!
/Erik

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (Ghost @ 13 Jan 2005, 22:40)What I remember from those times is that the red was rather much more burgundy than that.
If using tomatoes I'd say puré, not ketchup.
But the one being into 1:1's is that Huge Bear...

Vrooom!
/Erik
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you Erik, I was under the impression that the colour of the 1:1 car was a slight bit darker aswell. Burgundy, yes, well maybe so.

I am not sure if you are old enough to having had the opportunity to see this particular Porsche in real life back in 69' or early 70's, but personally I've always had to rely on photos of it. My point is that the pictures from some 30+ years ago of this car might not be of the same quality as the colour pics we can take with today's cameras, and then maybe they create the illusion that the colour is darker than on the model? Just a theory.

As you might know I am a huge German-car fan,
and I must tell you about an optical illusion I've experienced myself:

Besides my Audi I happen to be in possesion of a red Volkswagen Golf in mint condition. A 1977 model with less than 100.000 km's on the odometer. And I must say that there is something special with the car colours of the 70's. This VW is bright red, and I mean BRIGHT red. That's when you look at in normal daylight.

I like to take photographs, so naturally I've grabbed a few pics of it, and I can tell you, in the photos the car is just plain red. The brightness somehow never get captured like it is in real life. A friend of mine in the Audi club saw it on photo and asked if it was the red hue designated "Tornadorot" by Audi/VW. Tornado red is a much darker colour, but that's how it looks on photos. Strange, isn't it?

/BB.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Well, I had a 1:43 of the car in question. So it is still a representation of it, not the real one. But it felt rather much like the thing.

Vroooom!
/Erik

1 - 9 of 9 Posts