Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Here's a couple of lotus 79's I've just restored, they were in a very sorry state but are now back to their best. I used Patto's decals to finish them off....

The JPS livery was a real bugger to put on but the Patto's decals are superb and really helped. They go on very clear and didn't seem to have the issue of micro bubbles showing up on the dark colour schemes.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Hi Eric, I used the waterslide, got any pics of the peel and stick you've used?

Cheers, Marlon.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Hi Marlon,

Driver helmet is overscale but what I had available.
The car is not a 'shelf queen' but raced and took part in last weeks 70's F1 at the club.
The car is way off the pace as the front suspension/steering arrangement is too twitchy
so a modified front arrangement is being fitted to the T car. Same livery, same decals.
I am most impressed with the peel and stick decals, they are very durable for racing
as well.

Cheers
Eric

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
They look great Eric, I take it they don't need a clear coat for protection too. Which wheels and tyres are you using on the rear?

Hi Kev, yeah been busy catching up on some slot stuff or a change!

Cheers, Marlon.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,578 Posts
Nice cars chaps, although making me feel guilty about my green one that is needing new decals. Now I have a decision to make - waterslide or sticker.
Stickers not too thick Eric ? The Scalextric wheels do make an improvement

Kind regards, Leo
(singing: Any time, any place, any where - that's ...)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi guys, I was looking on Pattos site for the first time today and was wondering how the gold decals looked as some I've seen are very dark. Hence I came on this thread which seems to show they look really good.

One other question I've got is, will a sheet of 1978 JPS decals do 2 full cars?

I've got 2 cars and would like to make up both Mario's and Ronnie's cars. I think I'll take Eric's advice and go for the peel and stick type.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
QUOTE (MAF @ 4 Mar 2012, 21:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Eric, I used the waterslide, got any pics of the peel and stick you've used?

Cheers, Marlon.

A wonderful pair of 79s Marlon.

Are these decals the latest type from Patto and if so how easy/tricky are they to apply?

David

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi guys, sorry, I've only just noticed the replies to this one.

Hugh C Davies, yes the decal sheet will do both cars.

David, I've found the latest Patto's decals to be very good, they deal with compound curves very well and seem to 'sink' into the bodywork better after a couple of coats of klear.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks for the reply Marlon, I'll get an order off this weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts