SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Two cars I have ordered arrived from Pendleslot today.

This is propably old news for you experienced guys but this could be for other newbies

Both are GB-Track. One is the Chevron B19 (Jody Scheckter) and the other is the Porsche GT1 Evo (Newman)
The Chevron I ordered because someone in Slotforum recommended it...and the Porsche just because it looks good and it was cheap.

The Chevron is very fun to drive and very fast. I noticed that the rear axel slipped a bit so the left wheel touched the body. I put in a couple of washers and it works perfect. I will try to add a little bit of weight in the front because it has a tendency to leave the track when I accelerate.

The Porsche did NOT run well out of the box. The front wheels couldn't run because they touched the body. I took .5-1 mm off the body with a scalpel and now it runs very very good

The lap record on my Ninco track (13.39 m)was 4.287 (Slot.it Audio R8C). On the third lap the Porsche made a new record and a couple of more laps I was down to 4.161 wauh!!
...and on top of that its almost impossible to take off the track.

Great cars for newbies

Morten

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the same porsche , in a couple of different paint schemes. The newman car came with lights from the factory, and served as a prototype for adding the lights to the other like cars. It had no problems with anything at all. But, I also had the front wheel problem, on my first car, and trimmed the body. Then on the next evo 1 gt, I purchised, no problem. No problem with the next one . Seems the problem is a slight twist in the chassis, and the clearence is very tight up front. I wish I had understood this before I trimmed the body. It is not noticable , but i know it is there. I got on a kick about putting lights in these cars, via ordering spare parts.($20) A simple sidewinder car will beat the same inline motor car as you know. Plus these cars can come with some very pretty wheels and paint jobs. If I can get one more pretty one, like the STP car in the cataloge, or something, I will have a lifetime supply, and they will all have lights. (It is a very simple addition.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.