SlotForum banner

A Porsche thread

197K views 3K replies 91 participants last post by  42redcat 
My first few Porsche cars from the early 1970's

Airfix Porsche 906 Carrera, this was I believe a Hi-Speed model.

Another Airfix model converted to a slot car at the front

No picture but I also had a vac bodied 917 running on a Parma Womp Womp chassis

My last Porsche slot car from the 1970's

Also from the 1970's a few static model kits

and to complete the 1970's collection I also had one of these

Early Scalextric Porsche

and this 550A is waiting in the wings

A 1/43rd scale Speedking 718

Scalextric 804

times two

Airfix 804

An early version with windscreen

This one, of many, that needs some work and is typical of how most of my Airfix 804s arrived

Condition of a lot of the Airfix 804 is probably due to it only being released in one set the MR15 which was only available for a year or so, although it was available for the full life of Airfix and was even in the early MRRC catalogue.

I know this is a 1/32nd scale thread but as I have a lot of other scales that wouldn't be seen I will carry on with all scales.

Some Porsche 904GT and GTS, these are all cars from the 1960's

A Monogram with the flat adjustable brass chassis

I've also got two of the MRRC, German release, of this body.

An Atlas with open frame motor

Also a few Jouef 1/40th scale cars

Time for some more cars, 906 this time

This Airfix kit was bought to convert and is still waiting to be done

This one is 100% Super Shells

or at least that's how it arrived, now fitted with a can motor using the Super Shells adaptors and vintage nylon inline crown gear. I also had to change the rear axle and wheels as I just could not get the rear wheels to lock :mad:

Airfix Hi-Speed version

Another Hi-Speed car from a MR185 set this time when this and the Ferrari 250LM replaced the Cortina and Viva.

Model box art started to disappear when certain countries introduced laws that the packaging had to show the actual contents and not an impression. Which is why you started to get boxes with a photo of the made up model, but unpainted, on the box lid.

Some 911 models

1/40th scale by Jouef, not the original rear tyres.

another Jouef

And again

I also have a spear yellow Jouef body.

Awaiting in the wings, just need to decide which Le mans car it will be and if I am keeping it an RS or converting back to S spec rear end

And on it's way, left Heathrow yesterday, for conversion

Apart from a few 1960's cars, 904, 906 and 917, I'm not a big Porsche follower, says he :whistle:

These are probably mainly 911's but that's nor on the chassis so I have listed them separately. In fact the all say Carrera.

The left hand car #63 is Atrin's 1/43rd scale attempt at the harlequin car. The white car is also an Artin. The black car just has Porsche on the chassis but the stickers say 959.

These two, again 1/43rd scale are unbranded Hong Kong made cars.

These two are Artin 1/43rd scale again and just say Carrera on the chassis with GT3 stickers.

Finally two Jouef 1/40th scale cars again only listed as Porsche Carrera

This one is still in the bubble packaging.

I hope I'm not repeating myself here, if I am I'll put it down to age and being to lazy to reread the entire thread.

My love of the 917 began in 1973 when I got the Airfix kit followed by some of the other kits I have already shown. Then during the first, Autumn, tern of racing at my school club I needed a faster car and while down at Wonderland I asked Sid what he had in the way of fast 1/32nd scale cars and he showed me a Parma Womp car. I can't remember what the body was but I obviously didn't like it because I bought a 917K vac body for it. When I gave up slot racing after leaving school this was the only car I keep and it finally disappeared sometime in the 90's. This one of the cars that I have since duplicated in my current collection although the original was plain Airfix Post Office red brush applied and just the #7 and Porsche decals added.

My current Womp 917, now fitted with urethane tyres.

Then following another discovery at Wonderland I bought a WinnWagon 917/10 for use on our open night at the school club, you needed a tough car as you could get knocked off at anytime.

When I got back in to slot cars it was 1/43rd scale and so a few Jouef 917s. I believe this car is based on the original Le Mans car.

The Jouef car came in three colours, as well as the light blue and white above there is a hard to find, read expensive, dark blue. There are also three different body moulds, the difference being the shape of the front winglets, I only have two of these shapes.

Whilst still only running 1/40th and 1/43rd scale I get a couple of D-Slot 43 917Ks

These also came with a new spear Martini body.

Just to complete the small scale slot cars a coupe of Artin 917(10?) Can-Am cars

Also a couple of die-cast cars for the scenery by Brumm and Corgi.

To be continued......

917 part 2.....

Even though I got back into 1/32nd scale cars for some reason I didn't get a 917 slot car until last year. I did buy a built Airfix 917K kit to convert at some point and also the Matchbox 917/10 to replicate the WinnWagon as it included an extra set of L & M decals.

Then middle of last year I bought a Fly 917K and a Fly 917LH body.

Followed not long after by another Fly 917K

Then completing the circle I got a WinnWagon 917/10 which at some point will get painted as the L & M car and the Matchbox kit will get built as the Martini car.

Then this year I bought an Airfix 917K kit and an Oscar resin body kit.

Another fly 917

My final 917K for now, a Spanish Scalextric 917K

Amazing how quick they can build up 😉 :love:

GDSLOT,

The 917's are all for use on my home track so speed isn't important. If I stick with the Airfix track then I may be down grading a lot of cars to 16k motors unless once the shed is clear I go with a single lane routed layout in which case I will have to see what suits. Single lane because at home it's just me and it will same space and give a longer lap.

Laurence,

There may be some delay in building cars for home at the moment as I've started at a local club and most of my time and effort, and funds, are going into club cars at the moment, so much to learn / relearn.

Time to wind things up,

Jouef 1/40th scale Porsche 936

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

At least you can't see the Mr Blobby driver in the photo. I have two of theses the other one has a light blue chassis pan.

A couple of Artin 1/43rd scale 959

Tire Wheel Vehicle Toy Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Toy Car

Another 1/43rd scale car, D-Slolt 43 this time, a 962

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Finally another 1/43rd scale car, Carrera Go!!!,

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Just had a count up and it comes to just over 54 slot cars, across the scales, at least 10 bodykits or kits awaiting to be made up and about six diecast models. Not bad for someone who's not really in to Porsche cars 😇 😉

Not just GT40 Laurence, as I said before you can count the 904, 906 and the 917LH & K version, in plain forms, is up there with the GT40. A lot of the older Porsche models are nice but the later one just get to many added lumps and bumps for my liking. Probably why most of my cars are from the 50's & 60's with the odd 70's car and 80's F1. The only modern cars I have are what are needed for club racing, when I say modern I'm talking about the body style not the slot car.