SlotForum banner

A Porsche thread

197K views 3K replies 91 participants last post by  42redcat 
#1 ·
I've harboured passion for Porsche's way of doing things down many decades, and continue to marvel at the many Porsche slot cars we can buy, or build, that make our hobby such an enormously interesting pleasure.

This thread, I hope, will result in 'everything' Porsche - your models, photographs, memories and yarns. And anything else, of course.

All contributions will be of great interest, as usual, and I, therefore, thank you in advance.

A few pics below to start the ball rolling.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #71 ·
Dear, dear, dear 😘 dear...

Yesterday's 2-lap Belgian GP naturally cast my mind back to Le Mans, 1970, when there was a similar deluge. Richard Attwood said that during the night he had to drive at 30mph to avoid aquaplaning. His 917 was not only swamped by the weather, but by several 2.2-litre 911s which, with narrower tyres and a helluva lot less power, were more suited to prevailing conditions.

Richard and co-driver, Hans Herrmann, plodded on for there was no alternative. Eventually, when conditions improved, they made up for lost ground by driving flat out to record Porsche's first outright Sarthe victory.