SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
I've harboured passion for Porsche's way of doing things down many decades, and continue to marvel at the many Porsche slot cars we can buy, or build, that make our hobby such an enormously interesting pleasure.

This thread, I hope, will result in 'everything' Porsche - your models, photographs, memories and yarns. And anything else, of course.

All contributions will be of great interest, as usual, and I, therefore, thank you in advance.

A few pics below to start the ball rolling. View attachment 280367 View attachment 280368 View attachment 280369 View attachment 280370 View attachment 280371 View attachment 280372
I do love the variety of spyders. Vertical fins....the coupe....very nice. And of course that beautiful and unique prototype.

·
Registered
738 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
The 909 is still a rarity. It's 910 Bergspyder cousin is available...

And perhaps with some 3DP work one might be persuaded to make a 909......

·
Registered
738 Posts
917 front end, with the nose vents....and 908/3 style rear end with the big engine plate......very nice. It will go well with the 917/10-002 that I already have. Very nice.

·
Registered
738 Posts
The width converts to about 52.5 mm. This is the scale discussion again.
If you want to fit the Fly car, you are about 10% over width, as mine measures 57mm. But a SW won't fit under a 52mm wide body.
The beauty of 3DP is you can have the car to scale, if you want. In this case, I didn't want....I elected to approximate match the Fly car at 58mm x 148mm. It's oversize but will "look right" with the Fly.
I am going to guess that the 161.9" (which converts to roughly 128mm) is the length of the normal car, not the LH.

On the other hand, it's large compared to the Strombecker. Maybe I need two.......🤔

·
Registered
738 Posts
Some folks have designed such things already. I haven't printed and used one as I am leery of their stiffness or lack thereof....but interesting things can be done if one desires.
I will do a separate build post.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Nice finds, good sir. I like my 917-10....a little lead tape underneath and it runs pretty well.
Pray tell what motor the 911 has? Perhaps it only needs a dunking.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Interesting Airfix photo, thank you @Trisha . I believe I have one downstairs somewhere, from the old mists before the Fly versions were widely available.
Someday.....although I have seen a 3DP file as well....and possible customization beckons.....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts