SlotForum banner

A Porsche thread

197K views 3K replies 91 participants last post by  42redcat 
I have not a single Vw, but hey! Porsches I do have a few, here dome of my Gt cars...

Many of them have been painted and instaled 3dp chasis and calibrated stuff, almost all of them have racing tires, pinion 11t inline and are quite fast and with good handling.

Cheers

Tengo varios Porsche más pero son bastantes corrientes.
Tal vez estos tres, no lo son tanto. Ignoro si se llegaron a comercializar fuera de aquí (GDSLOT tiene uno).

I have several other Porsche but they are quite ordinary.
Perhaps these three, they are not so much. I do not know if they were marketed outside of here (GDSLOT has one).

View attachment 280503

View attachment 280504

Salut
Frederic
Wow! Ese auto de seguridad se va a mi lista de los más buscados hehehe, es la primera foto que veo de ese carro, no sabia de su existencia.

Wow! That Safety car just goes into my most wanted list hehehe, its the first picture I see of that car, I didnt now of its existence.

Cheers

And my Group 5 Porsches, mostly Scaleauto but there are two Scx and one of them is fitted with 3dp chasis by my fríend Mike Pérez, again resulted in a fast car, although the paintjob its not best as it was one of my first attempts to paint with cans. 🙂

Cheers

Racer is the Sideways division that is the delicatessen slot boutique, I just have one of them cars(an Abarth 500), they are really beautiful cars, congrats Henk, they look great!

Cheers

Reactions: Henk
917 part 2.....

Even though I got back into 1/32nd scale cars for some reason I didn't get a 917 slot car until last year. I did buy a built Airfix 917K kit to convert at some point and also the Matchbox 917/10 to replicate the WinnWagon as it included an extra set of L & M decals.

Then middle of last year I bought a Fly 917K and a Fly 917LH body.

Followed not long after by another Fly 917K

Then completing the circle I got a WinnWagon 917/10 which at some point will get painted as the L & M car and the Matchbox kit will get built as the Martini car.

Then this year I bought an Airfix 917K kit and an Oscar resin body kit.

Another fly 917

My final 917K for now, a Spanish Scalextric 917K

Amazing how quick they can build up 😉 :love:
You should try the Nsr white kits if you fancy the build & paint process, they are quite fast cars and the level of details is decent IMHO.

Im about to get a Nsr chasis and try Laurence tuning for the Flys 917s.😉
Cheers

Uff! 1984 New Man livery is in my most wanted list of Slot it Porsches, dont know why its more expensive than the 1985 🤔

Cheers

I think the yellow and black colour scheme stands out well and makes the car easier to identify at speed. I have a Slot It Le Mans winner car in that livery. Will post it on the thread when get time.
Yes, but I dont think that would be the reason to raise the price would it?

Its a curious thing about some liveries...

Cheers

I fully understand Laurence,
It certainly is a loveable little beauty (as yet, never run).

Just a question about said model 908/3 No.20 which you may be able to answer, or GDSLOT who showed a photo of one in a recent thread entry, are the wheels and tyres on this particular model meant to be all one, as my front and rear tyres appear to be plastic and not rubber booted as the others in my Fly garage, and are "fused" to the plastic wheels?

I am unable therefore to run it on my Scalextric track in its current form.
Plastic on plastic is a recipe for disaster as well as repair.

Are the plastic tyres intended to come off the current wheels I have, to be replaced by rubber tyres, or do I need new wheels as well and if so are they still available?

I have only seen Fly Classic tyres available (as seen on Pendle PSR site):
BRM Fly classic front rubber tyres 20x9.5mm ref s-118
BRM Fly classic rear rubber tyres 21.3x12mm. ref s-119s
But no 5 spoke wheels in black specific for Porsche 908/3.

Any advice would be more than welcome.
Hi mate, I think that your tires become hard because of age, I'd as Trisha says and remove back tires carefully and maybe leave front as they are since they become "zero grip", mine is an NSR Btw so its a different tire model and compund.

Sometimes is dificult to find the original tires for the Fly cars, because of the rims odd size center, so maybe would be a good idea to change rims in case you dont find the original tires, I have done this to several Fly cars.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

And the time came for the 356 3dp, which I love because IMHO look very close to the Ninco released but with the 3dp these little cars have a better performance and handling, allowing to fit powerfull motors and smaller wheels with racing Slicks!

Here my whole bunch of 3dp bullets...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood
Motor vehicle Light Car Automotive design Toy

Cheers

As far as I know there are only 2 black ones and 2 white ones. You have the other black one, only one white missing in this tread.
The Martini has run for thousands of laps on my Slotfire, a joy to run after I enlarged the inner wheel arches a bit.

Funny is that most of them where bought from the Racer website for EUR 59,99 a piece :)

There’s also a set a 5 colored ones, there should still be a tread here in this forum. Regretfully I missed out, at that time i couldn’t spent 300 because of SHMBO :(
Wow! Slotfire, now thats a Track I want to see and hear a review, congrats! I know those are state of the art slot tracks.

Time to wind things up,

Jouef 1/40th scale Porsche 936

View attachment 282370

At least you can't see the Mr Blobby driver in the photo. I have two of theses the other one has a light blue chassis pan.

A couple of Artin 1/43rd scale 959

View attachment 282371

View attachment 282372

Another 1/43rd scale car, D-Slolt 43 this time, a 962

View attachment 282373

Finally another 1/43rd scale car, Carrera Go!!!,

View attachment 282374

Just had a count up and it comes to just over 54 slot cars, across the scales, at least 10 bodykits or kits awaiting to be made up and about six diecast models. Not bad for someone who's not really in to Porsche cars 😇 😉
Nice dioramas! 👍

54 Porsches and not a fan? 😉