SlotForum banner
2161 - 2180 of 2207 Posts

· Registered
17,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,162 ·
My final Swindon purchase of yesterday is this resin-bodied 906. Built with a handmade metal chassis, it's a representation of the works' car driven by Gunther Klass and Colin Davis on the 1966 Targa Florio. One of just four factory 906s with the 8-cylinder 2-litre engine, it was involved in an accident and limped to a lowly 42nd place after sustaining damage.

A rather nice model of a truly classic Porsche, it will sit and go nicely with the others.9
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Hood
Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive design
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

· Registered
3,646 Posts
So you went shopping Laurence? Nice findings 👌🏼👍🏼, the yellow 917(k) looks really nice, also I never saw before a “Giesse” 911GT1, the livery suits fine😀

· Registered
17,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,166 ·
Daniel

Yep, went shopping. It's an annual swapmeet and always enjoyable. The only difficulty is smuggling cars back into the house without an inquisition. It's always the same questions, too. "You've already got a slot car. What do you want another for?"

Like most wives, mine only has two ears, so I'm still wondering why she has 200 pairs of ear-rings.

Matthew

Thanks. I shall buy a few bits and pieces from Slot It for the 917s. Slot It gears always greatly improve Fly cars in my experience. I've already got one or two and they're always enjoyable to use. First priority, however, is rebuilding The Mess.

· Administrator
10,860 Posts
That's how you get a mint car. I found a march ford that had a factory bad solder joint on the motor, net effect it had never been run, so mint....

· Registered
17,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,169 ·
Similar situation with this Fly 917. The body is shiny and the braids look unused. And most telling of a lack of use is the rear chassis framework which is still present and correct. They usually work loose and drop off.

· Registered
2,046 Posts
View attachment 332402 View attachment 332404 View attachment 332405
The standard gear wheels on this 917 are so notchy, that an unimpeded revolution of the rear wheels is just about impossible unless brute force is applied. It's a pity but not the end of the world, so ne'er mind. In all other respects, it's an excellent representation of a 917,
Not just any 917! It’s the winning car from the phenomenally wet 1970 BOAC 1000 at Brands Hatch, driven by Pedro Rodriguez and Leo Kinnunen.
Mike

· Registered
1,377 Posts
A question for those with much Porsche history;
I am modeling an early RSK/718. I have seen a photo of the Camoradi team cars one of which had BOAC sponsorship. It looks like there may have been an air route map as part of the livery, but it is difficult to tell.
Unlike the 917-20, I have not seen decals for this unusual livery. I created the BOAC logo, but the route map is clearly not possible without better photos, and all I could find was the couple garage shots, one with the rear engine cover removed and showing the BOAC logo on the fins and the Camoradi name along the sides.

Does anyone have better photos of this car? Or a location for the decals?

· Registered
4,814 Posts
No slot cars, no photos, just a link to another Goodwood car list, if you don't like photos don't click it. Best 9 Porsche racing liveries this time. I'm sure lots will have their own favourite not included but as a person how doesn't like Porsches, have I said this before 😂 , I can't find a lot to complain about.

· Registered
277 Posts
A question for those with much Porsche history;
I am modeling an early RSK/718. I have seen a photo of the Camoradi team cars one of which had BOAC sponsorship. It looks like there may have been an air route map as part of the livery, but it is difficult to tell.
Which car do you mean exactly? There are a lot of changes from year to year. Most probably you are talking about an early version like the 1958. I have it sitting as a project on my desk as well. I‘ll be interested in photos of your version!
Best regards
Thomas

2161 - 2180 of 2207 Posts