SlotForum banner
2181 - 2200 of 2207 Posts

· Registered
4,814 Posts
Ok at some point I might have to say I like most Porsches but may be it's just turning in to a Gp C thing 😁

Anyway this arrived to day...

Gadget Gas Electronic instrument Audio equipment Indoor games and sports

Motor runs and all the light work, I've removed the magnet but not tried it on track yet as it's a tad cold in the shed at the moment.

· Registered
17,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,190 ·
No, Quark, I really don't know the answer. Never been able to make up my mind. I don't usually like shiny things, but possibly make a subconscious effort to like representations of anything from Weissach and Zuffenhausen.

· Registered
100 Posts
OK - Chrome would be, in my unprofessional opinion silly. Since it isn't a representation of anything existing in the real world. note: a DeLorean (sp?) isn't/wasn't chrome. It was Stainless Steel. A Model Car is by definition a model which means to me a representation of something existing.

my opinion. Worth exactly nothing.

· Registered
4,814 Posts
Ah but these are slot cars and as we know slot cars don't always represent a real thing or we won't have any fantasy liveries or even a real car or there wouldn't be a lot of thingies. Just think of them as a nice centre piece for the collectors.

· Registered
17,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,194 ·
A rare Porsche built in 1957 by Henk van Zalinge. Known as the Hirondelle, it was front-engined and made largely from 356 Carrera bits. Extensively raced in the Netherlands into the 1960s by luminaries like Gijs van Lennep, I don't know it it still exists.
Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gesture
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Black

· Registered
648 Posts
Read on another forum some 7 Hirondelles were built, and most survived. Can't say where they are, though.
They were raced by the builder and Rob Slotemaker amongst others. Mostly in NL.

2181 - 2200 of 2207 Posts