SlotForum banner
301 - 320 of 1332 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
This little beauty is a Revell Porsche 550 Spyder. It came with the rear wheel spats that I took off but still have. I don't know what particular race car it represents as it came in a Ford Mustang box from the same model shop bargain bin as the 956C above for a slightly lower price (I should have checked the box of the Mustang in the bin but was too excited at finding
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
another Porsche at a great price). It performed quite well on SlotFire track many years ago, it's now in desperate need of fresh tyres.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Aha! The 906 langheck, Chappyman. Wonderful. Greatly looking forward to seeing progress with this build. And thanks for your 'teaser' above. View attachment 283612
Specs for this model is a heroe quest to find(long, width, height) as there are almost no data available in the web😅
Help would be much apreciated Laurence 🙂
Cheers

·
Registered
12,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
Daniel

A few 906 statistics for you as follows;

Wheelbase: 90.6 inches
Front track: 52.7 inches
Rear track: 55.2 inches
Overall width: 66.1 inches

Overall height from ground to top of roof: 38.6 inches. Please note that one source quotes this dimension as 37 inches.

I'll try to discover the overall body length later. It eludes me at present.

Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
885 Posts
The width converts to about 52.5 mm. This is the scale discussion again.
If you want to fit the Fly car, you are about 10% over width, as mine measures 57mm. But a SW won't fit under a 52mm wide body.
The beauty of 3DP is you can have the car to scale, if you want. In this case, I didn't want....I elected to approximate match the Fly car at 58mm x 148mm. It's oversize but will "look right" with the Fly.
I am going to guess that the 161.9" (which converts to roughly 128mm) is the length of the normal car, not the LH.

On the other hand, it's large compared to the Strombecker. Maybe I need two.......🤔

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
The width converts to about 52.5 mm. This is the scale discussion again.
If you want to fit the Fly car, you are about 10% over width, as mine measures 57mm. But a SW won't fit under a 52mm wide body.
The Airfix/MRRC Porsche 906 is about 52mm wide. A Scalextric BMW Mini chassis (sidewinder) just fits under it if you don’t mind keeping the narrow wheels.
Mike
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle

301 - 320 of 1332 Posts