SlotForum banner
321 - 340 of 1618 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
A bargain: £4 from yesterday’s NSCC swapmeet in Leeds. A great opportunity to replenish my stock of parts and spares, too. The Porsche runs quite well after a bit of work, but it must have one of the slowest Johnson motors in existence! Apart from my metal-bodied VW bus, it’s the only car I have which can take the ‘esses’ on my short track flat out!
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle
More work needed…..
Mike

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
A bargain: £4 from yesterday’s NSCC swapmeet in Leeds. A great opportunity to replenish my stock of parts and spares, too. The Porsche runs quite well after a bit of work, but it must have one of the slowest Johnson motors in existence! Apart from my metal-bodied VW bus, it’s the only car I have which can take the ‘esses’ on my short track flat out! View attachment 283659 More work needed…..
Mike
The Porsche is nice indeed, just remember that after a few decades some HP is lost😉🤓

·
Registered
12,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 ·
Matthew

Just managed to dig up a couple of pics of the AVUS 550 with spats. Richard Von Frankenberg drove it to victory in Berlin in 1955. The Porsche frequently achieved 140mph on the long straights which, for a 1.5 litre sports car in 1955 is startlingly impressive.
Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Sky
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Classic car

·
Registered
861 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Sky

Nice story about the restoration of this Stuck 962

·
Registered
12,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
Matthew

Another picture of the 'spatted' 550 driven by Richard von Frankenberg at the AVUS, 1955. Behind is Edgar Barth in one of a team of EMWs (Eisenach Motoren Werke) that competed.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

321 - 340 of 1618 Posts