SlotForum banner
361 - 380 of 1332 Posts

·
Registered
12,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 ·
Daniel

I'm awfully sorry but I can't recall where the wheels on the 914/6 came from. They were lying in my spares' box and seemed to fit quite well. They're far too modern for this Porsche, but they serve their purpose well enough.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Daniel

I'm awfully sorry but I can't recall where the wheels on the 914/6 came from. They were lying in my spares' box and seemed to fit quite well. They're far too modern for this Porsche, but they serve their purpose well enough. View attachment 283876
It’s ok as it’s for racing, just that might give Professor Porsche a heart attack, wherever he might be… blame it on the Camel🐪, he’s the master of evil behind all things that could go wrong 🙃

·
Registered
12,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #366 ·
The ol' Prof has averted his gaze from the non-Porsche wheels, Daniel, but remains standing. As ever that wretched camel supervises everything from his new lofty perch.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Pink Audio equipment Musical instrument Wood Toy

·
Registered
12,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
The business end of a 917LH during the Le Mans test weekend in 1969. Such was the power of the engine's horizontal cooling fan that one car had its Perspex rear 'window' sucked in. 'Twas a bit of a mess when the dust settled.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
12,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·
Below, an experimental Porsche from the 1970s, which has always amused me. The design office set out to make a car from 'special' materials that would last for a minimum of 25 years.

Not sure why they bothered considering the number of Beetles that have lasted so well.
Vehicle Land vehicle Car Wheel Tire

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Below, an experimental Porsche from the 1970s, which has always amused me. The design office set out to make a car from 'special' materials that would last for a minimum of 25 years.

Not sure why they bothered considering the number of Beetles that have lasted so well. View attachment 284055
Did the sell the design to AMC for their Pacer?😸

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Very smart 911 Trisha, that MRRC shell has some great detailing. The wheels look brilliant.

I reckon the policeman had the best/fastest car on that road. I've always liked slot police cars as they add to the fun and variety of cars available.

Oh, great painting of the W-RS Spyder, it's such a good looking car.

Matthew

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I think Porsche models like the W-RS, 904 and 910/6 have simple, clean aerodynamic lines that gives them a fantastic appearance. Much better then modern supercars with all their spoilers, wings and other aerodynamic aids that ruin their appearance.

361 - 380 of 1332 Posts