SlotForum banner
381 - 400 of 1318 Posts

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 ·
Couldn't agree more, Matthew. They were cars built during an era in which a new design started in a drawing office where people worked with pencils and paper, and produced work based on experience, common sense, the natural world and a heightened sense of aesthetics.

When engineering drawings were subsequently made, they were handed over to craftsmen in faculties working with traditional materials. If the resulting car looked right, it usually was right.

Happily, many of these superb machines are still being used for their intended purpose, and demonstrate all too well that there isn't much wrong with pencil and paper.
Vehicle Car Paint Art Motor vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Vehicle Car Automotive design Hood Wheel
Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Car

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
Henk

My most grateful thanks to you for your kind sentiments. Most generous.

In all honesty, a book of daubings and scratchings has never occurred to me. Knowing well in advance what Mrs Grumpy would have to say on this subject - she remains my most damning and vocal critic - I will court her opinion later.

She will probably suggest a title for such a tome rather quickly: "Landscapes Ruined," by An Idiot.

Ah well...

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Maybe replace the motor to see if it helps. I think a Slot It standard motor would fit a Fly chassis no problem, I have one in a Saleen chassis as the original Fly Racing motor wouldn't fit the replacement standard chassis.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #389 ·
I'm sure you're right, Matthew. I've got a spare motor somewhere. I always try to fix things, however, before binning them. Always seems such a waste to discard things, even when they're broken.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I always try to fix broken cars rather then throwing them away though there are 4 I have given up on for now. I use non standard parts if originals are long out of production, which is why I have a March 240 6 wheel F1 car with a Mabuchi motor and a Shadow with Mabuchi and Pendles metal F1 wheels. It's interesting to see if they are quicker (only with better tyres).

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Must admit Porsche cars are not really my bag there are a couple i like the 962 is one of them however i did enter the Porsche 997 proxy races over the pond with 111 this year, first time for me and a learning curve series, thought for you Porsche lovers you might like to see the grid from the series this from Oregon.

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2,772 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
This is a Flyslot Porsche 997. This is one of 2 liveries they did which had a sound device installed to replicate the sound of the 1:1 cars engine. It sounds good to me. Not the fastest but sufficiently quick for me. View attachment 284169
I wanted this but seems unavailable nowadays, so guess it will be a white kit with decals, but I never knew of the sound chip or whatever it made the engine sound like the 1:1 car, would be nice if you could put a video or link to the video to watch it.
Cheers

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #400 ·
Frederic

I try so hard not to throw anything away. It's possible to create so many things - good and bad - from rubbish.

Please study the current British art and music scene to understand what I mean...

381 - 400 of 1318 Posts