SlotForum banner
481 - 500 of 1318 Posts

·
Registered
12,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 ·
Mark

Porsche used to be quite famous for these pictures. Ferry in particular liked to tell the world that his chassis were so light in weight that even he could pick them up.

Where the 917 is concerned, however, he scarcely knew about the project until... he received the bill. The rows are now part of Porsche folklore, of course, and continue to make me laugh.

Thanks for posting the pic. Greatly appreciated this end.

·
Registered
12,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
A much-treasured miniature daubing below by an 8-year-old boy, the youngest son of a great old chum who lives and breathes everything Porsche. Of course, this was many years ago, and the same 8-year-old is now a dauber, and historian, of repute.

Doesn't alter the fact that he'll be presented with the same trough as the rest of us at Christmas, and if he doesn't like it, bl**dy look out...
Art Handwriting Event Font Automotive design

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Mark

Porsche used to be quite famous for these pictures. Ferry in particular liked to tell the world that his chassis were so light in weight that even he could pick them up.

Where the 917 is concerned, however, he scarcely knew about the project until... he received the bill. The rows are now part of Porsche folklore, of course, and continue to make me laugh.

Thanks for posting the pic. Greatly appreciated this end.
I asume that magnesium and aluminum are not a good recipe in case of crashing🤔

Reactions: HiFi

·
Registered
12,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 ·
Daniel

Both materials are frightful when fire is involved as, of course, you know. I was brought up in an era in which both metals prevailed in motor racing. Fibre-glass arrived in the 1950s and caught alight even more quickly.

I applaud recent technology and design, naturally, but potential dangers remain.

However, motor racing folk should never lose sight of the undeniable fact that more folk have died today as a result of ironing, cooking, falling from ladders, and fishing than all those who've died in F1 and Le Mans put together.

Comics' scribblers please note!

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,109 Posts
Did you know most ladder deaths are from falls of 10 feet or less...it's statistically safer the higher you go...right where's that triple ladder........

481 - 500 of 1318 Posts