SlotForum banner
501 - 520 of 1567 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
On the right the Porsche 962C raced by Jr and on the left the 956LH raced by me last Saturday on a 3 hrs race(25 minutes stints), on the Northern Slot Club of the City, a track with medium straights(+-5 mts) and good race rithm, a really nice race in which our p6 and p7 results tasted sweet as we beated many of the local racers with +5 years on the circuit.
Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive lighting Bumper

Cabalistic numbers uh! (917.61)
Font Circle Number

Nothing like a good endurance race for the weekend, with Slot it Porsches😀…

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
These 2 are my Le Mans Miniatures Dauer Porsches. The yellow road car is missing its steering wheel and is on Slot It plastic wheels on the rear. The 1994 LM test car is just missing a mirror. These are the cars that put me off LMM cars as the interior was glued to the chassis with its own paint and so was a real nightmare to reassemble when I only wanted to change the wires over on the guide. Funnily enough the factory wired them to run in opposite directions, as 1 run in the direction required without needing any work. Also, the front axle is kept in place by the body as there is nothing on the chassis to hold it. They look good but not upto Slot It performance and quality in MY opinion (please feel free to have a differing opinion, no one is wrong).
Tire Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive design

·
Registered
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #515 ·
A much-published picture of Ferry Porsche at the age of 11 in his first car, a Christmas present from his parents in 1920. The car would do 30moh around the garden but, with solid rear and front axles, it tended to push its front tyres off the rims during hard cornering.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
All LMM Porsches:

The test car in pristine white

Hood Car Automotive design Vehicle Racing

The Race car in it’s famous livery.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car

The 959 in white, I missed out on the Rothmans Livery :( But I have an aluminium chassis that uses a Slot.It pod. One of those never finished projects.

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive design

A 911 RS in yellow with a female driver, I have that insert somewhere…

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

It’s hard to make a picture with my limited skills but you can see Beatrice behind the steering wheel.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Toy

·
Registered
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #520 ·
Ah, joyous news. Mrs Grumpy is out carousing with the similarly minded this very evening and won't return until the morrow. Marvellous. It means, of course, that I can spend another evening at the Mess enjoying my toy cars, starting with this 917, which hasn't been exercised of late.

And, I intend to drink a glass of Scotch when that drunken, useless git, Haddock, removes his derriere from my chalice. A vos sante.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Photograph Vehicle Light

501 - 520 of 1567 Posts