SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Kevan

I've always thought that the 917 would have been aesthetically improved if they'd not run with matte or satin black wheels. The Rossi roadgoing version originally looked superb with its silver body and silver road wheels. Today, the same car has black wheels and reminds me of a cocktail party a few years ago.

The host's elegant and rather pretty wife, during early evening, had briefly attended to a couple of new-born lambs in one of the outbuildings. Eventually, she arrived in the kitchen wearing a beautiful party frock, but hadn't yet changed out of her wellies...

Even my chum, the party's host, who was not known for his observational skill, noticed a certain incongruity in his dear wife's appearance...
If have entered the shower with slippers still on the feet, only noticed till the water began to run😬, has happened at least twice last decade…

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Daniel

A couple more pics of the 930 mentioned above. View attachment 287185 View attachment 287186
For me there are three cars that were Icons of my early youth, the Corvette C4, the Ferrari Testarossa and the Porsche 930, nowdays finding any of those in good shape costs a fortune, so you have been (no doubt) a lucky guy Laurence, congrats!

Daniel

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Anyone know if we're any closer to the release of a slot 919, please?
Laurence, as far as I know SVWorks Slot cars is planning to release(anytime soon) a 3dp kit that should be a high performance Slot car 😀. I think Tamar and Tom will give us some feedback on that project in the near future.

Also read somewhere that SRC has some plans to do the 919 after the successful release of the Toyota LMP1.

For sure many of us are waiting for this model whether in kit format or RTR car😉

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Just arrived a few minutes ago, nothing like closing the day with good news😀
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

Yes! The Porsche Rsr special edition of the 24hrs of Portimao, and what’s special about it? Well chaps, see for yourself:

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

King Evo 30k rpm 365 gr of torque!!!😮 definitely not a toy and not for home Racing.

We’ll see how it performs in the next Gt race!😃

Cheers

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Another new member of the GDS garage, 908/3 Nurburgring 1971…
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Hood Infrastructure Vehicle Asphalt

What’s odd it’s the drivers helmet, I thought it was Pedro Rodriguez the driver of such car, wasn’t he?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Daniel

The driver in your 908/3 is Jo Siffert. Pedro had two competitive outings in the car during 1971, namely, the Targa Florio with Herbie Muller (retired after a crash), and the Nurburgring (second).

In July, 1971, Pedro was suddenly gone. Another tragic accident during an Interserie race in the 512 at the Norisring. Jo Siffert died in the BRM at Brands Hatch during the same year.

Another senseless crash in 1971 also claimed the life of Ignazio Giunti in a 312.
Most kind of you Laurence, as always, you know things and how to tell a good story😉, even if it’s tragic. So 1971 was a sad year for Motorsport, at least they died doing what they loved, that’s also why I respect too much all those old drivers that still walk among us, Marko, Stewart, Ickx…

·
Registered
2,772 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Always wanted to build my track as a Lemans style track(but very, very small🙂), but with the modern Style, thus having the Dunlop bridge is a must, and although I have the old style bridge sold by Scaley, I’d like to have a modern one, I read some posts here that look interesting that show good builds by some members, maybe with the Christmas holiday I can give it a shot to build one. Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
It greatly amuses me these days that a massive jackpot lottery win of, for example, £150 millions, isn' t sufficient to buy my top five cars designed by Porsche. Daunting.

My old slotting chum, Nicholas, and I often discuss our top 5 racing cars, racing bikes, aeroplanes, boats, impressionist paintings, sculptures, manufacturers of pies, chip shops, clocks, watches, fountain pens, agreeable people, disagreeable people, and the rest.

Your views, chaps? Could you buy 'appiness with £150 millions? Daft question but ne'er mind.
150 millions would put me in partnership with some clients to keep money coming and left me enough time to enjoy slot cars, build a dream club track and travel the world … and buy a black 911/930 😀

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
A concept from Italdesign in 1970, the Tapiro 912 featured front and rear gullwing doors, but didn't go into production because it bore little, if any, resemblance to a Porsche. View attachment 288326
Interesting, the design could pass for a Lambo or a Delorean, but as you say Laurence, never would have thought it to be a Porsche…

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
A marvellous assembly of Martini cars, Daniel. Beautiful! Have you got a favourite? I'd find it difficult to pick just one.
Thanks for your kind words Laurence, the white 935 and the Silver 997 are mine, while the other two are from Jr, it’s nice to have team cars as we both race slot cars and usually try to match cars for the team. Next Saturday we have an endurance 3hrs race with Can am and Classic series admited from Nsr and Slot it, we plan to race a pair of 908’s in Rothmans livery, I might post a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
A propos Mike's two 907s and the discrepancy in performance between them, I've just had a blast with these two cars. Both have 21.5k Slot It motors. The Beetle is a lot quicker because, with a polystyrene body, it's one helluva lot lighter. View attachment 288742
Laurence, those wheels inserts on the Slot it look really good, are they stock or where did you buy them?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Thought I'd share a memory from roughly a thousand years ago when, one Saturday morning my mother got into a temper and used a tirade of abuse and foul language. 'Twas yuletide and I was at home resting from my studies. Father and I were in the kitchen discussing motor racing, ad infinitum.

Mother could stand no more and shouted: "If I have to listen to anything more about bl**dy Porsches, I'll scream."

We carried on discussing Porsches. Mother went to the kitchen sink, filled the bowl with cold water and chucked the lot over the pair of us. Most unreasonable, I thought... View attachment 289039 View attachment 289040 View attachment 289041 View attachment 289043
Awesome drawings!

Ah! So motor racing and Porsche comes from father? I always have thought that the joy and love for motor racing comes by family or suddenly by a strange event in the childhood of any kid(this last my case), btw my wife has switched off the tv and yelled at Jr and me when we talk in excess about cars, F1, Wec, slot cars and slot racing competition, in those (not so rare) events we use to follow dogs advice and become invisible… or switch to Masterchef😅👩🏼‍🍳

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
As I said in my Post #667, today had an endurance Race, unfortunately the P908s that we raced did not delivered, but at least identified the errors in the set up, as the cars were too fast but lacked stability, we will return… stronger.

Hood Automotive lighting Sleeve Jersey Grille

Nevertheless Jr seized P6 out of nine drivers, being the closest finished with the P7, in the las seconds of the last hit!!!
Plant Art Red Circle Symbol

P1 was won by another Nsr 908, so it’s true, Porsche always win😀.
Cheers

41 - 60 of 124 Posts