SlotForum banner
821 - 840 of 1578 Posts

·
Registered
12,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #822 ·
Kimi's a great choice for Champ. Press conference soliloquy: "Gravity, wireless, people, Firestone, tent, Ford Capri, Ascension Island, Nigel, Matchbox, party, yoghurt, beer, t-shirt, Gravesend, Tintin, Gaugin, boat, glazing, vegans, exhaust, bikini, fed up, jus' leave me alone, I know what I'm doing. Bum."

A good chap.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Lol no. Marzipan may be too controversial and even the FIA would have severe difficulty making people believe he was a champion without banning all the other cars from the grid and limiting his to 30MPH.

Maybe the Safety car to win the constructors title?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Wonderful list of Porsche mountainclimbers. It's interesting that the early cars had nearly vertical pointing headlights....not especially useful but faired in for aero, I suppose?
Rather pointed competition with Modena over their 212 climber.....different thread. ;)

There is a basic free 910 Bergsprder 3DP file, for those interested.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Trisha, any more pics of the Spyder? I have an extra Super Shells 906 body that would work as a base for a conversion.
This is an available free 3d file, chappyman66 has put the one he hollowed out on Cults3d! I did this one before his and hollowed it out by hand and dermal, Bergsprder in 1/24 with a Avant Slot chassis, runs and handles very nice as I imagine a hill climbs car would! LOL
Car Vehicle Toy Wheel Motor vehicle
Point-and-shoot camera Reflex camera Camera lens Digital camera Mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera

Cheers,
John.

·
Registered
12,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #828 ·
No fun is it? All morning removing Christmas decorations for 'tis Twelfth Night. What a bore but what goes up... Anyhow, my wonderfully tedious routine has been interrupted by domestic servitude again and, having removed my pinny and made a mug of tea, it's difficult to resume life as I tend to know it.

Chassis kit hasn't arrived in the post as expected, so I'll probably sit and curse until it does. Meanwhile, a few daubings because my pitifully poor imagination won't currently stretch to anything else.
Wheel Cloud Sky Car Vehicle
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Paint Car
Cloud Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
This is an available free 3d file, chappyman66 has put the one he hollowed out on Cults3d! I did this one before his and hollowed it out by hand and dermal, Bergsprder in 1/24 with a Avant Slot chassis, runs and handles very nice as I imagine a hill climbs car would! LOL View attachment 291748 View attachment 291749

Cheers,
John.
Nice print mate!

@Trisha , is this the one you mentioned worthy of adding to the 1966 grid of already Gt40s and P3s?

·
Registered
12,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #831 ·
Daniel

For 1966 Le Mans, Daniel, half a dozen 906s were entered in both short- and longtail forms. They were extraordinarily successful, especially considering that they were running with 6-cylinder 2-litre engines against much more powerful cars from Henry and Enzo.
Cloud Sky Tire Azure Tread
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
12,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #834 ·
Another furious and fun meeting at the Mess last evening mixing and mismatching a variety of cars. Horses for courses, as usual. Scratchbuilt against RTR, standard versus modified and cheat against cheat with a few surprising results.

Fly's wonderful models remain as firm faves up here in the hills. They just need tyres. Most excellent. A good start to 2022.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
A bit of a sideways thread....but I have been looking at 212E photos and trying to decide if I can graft a P4 nose onto a 612 rear end and make a 212E......
Maybe a 312P Spyder rear end and cockpit would be closer, with the P4 nose? I think the 212E is smaller overall, too, but presumably not a problem with 3D printing.
Mike

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Looking forward to seeing Carrera's proposed release of the Piper 917. Not so keen on the revised price list, though. A 20 per cent increase is not good news. View attachment 291900
I believe the 917 Pipers is available in Nsr range, fact I believe I bought it on a slot car lot auction a year or two ago, only to gave it to another mate who asked for it (because he lost the auction and only wanted that car, so I agreed on sell it to him for the price I bidded). Between the Nsr and the Carrera and with the increasing prices, I’d go for the Nsr Laurence.😉

Reactions: Trisha

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I believe the 917 Pipers is available in Nsr range, fact I believe I bought it on a slot car lot auction a year or two ago, only to gave it to another mate who asked for it (because he lost the auction and only wanted that car, so I agreed on sell it to him for the price I bidded). Between the Nsr and the Carrera and with the increasing prices, I’d go for the Nsr Laurence.😉
Pics are not mine but I found these in the Nsr range, I’m sure I had both however as I said I sold one of them (the one with the fins), and the other I have is running on Nsr grey tires…
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive design

Tire Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design

Cheers

821 - 840 of 1578 Posts