SlotForum banner
841 - 860 of 3,318 Posts
Received this kit a couple of days ago and when I opened it I thought I may have made a unintended goof

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

This is the original release of this kit by LS from 1986, now available from Arii which I already have and I am building as the red #35 car from 1966. This car will be built as a 1967 car from Le Mans. The goof?. While the Ari kit is in white plastic and I have painted it red and this kit is in red plastic and cars #42, 43 & 67 are all white:mad:. Luckily car #60 was red so looks like it will be built as #60 with decals from Le Mans Decals.

Laurence, the Arii body is already sprayed red and decals for the #35 car from 1966 have been ordered as have the #60 decals from 1967 for this 'new' red body. I will have to order three more Arii kits, which are in white plastic for the #42, 43 & 67 cars from 1967 which are all white cars. I also have a set of spotlights for the #35 car curtesy of a SRC Capri, body parts set, that doesn't need them.

Discussion starter · #847 ·
Nice projects, Keith. Looking forward to seeing all your builds this year. Lots to get through plus your new track and diorama. Gissa shout, please, if you need advice about unruly animals, troublesome uncles, revolting peasants, odd parsons, deranged brigadiers or inebriated judges.

Laurence, the Arii body is already sprayed red and decals for the #35 car from 1966 have been ordered as have the #60 decals from 1967 for this 'new' red body. I will have to order three more Arii kits, which are in white plastic for the #42, 43 & 67 cars from 1967 which are all white cars. I also have a set of spotlights for the #35 car curtesy of a SRC Capri, body parts set, that doesn't need them.
Do you have a good source for those Arii 911 kits? I can’t seem to find them at reasonable prices from Japan?
thanks, Mike

Nice set the le man's start twin pack,good fun to use,suspect thar giesse car and the #33, blue Hutchinson telecom car will be produced by Revoslot.

Fairly sure ,I'd have to check in the big book of 917s , that the silver Martini owned road car had the 71 scooped tail, minus the fins,couldn't see construction and use regs being happy with them.

A nice model, couldn't expect Fly to alter the mould.
, the Fly moulds raised the game for slot manufacturers,for which we should be grateful.

Mike,
I order mine from HobbyLink Japan, they are under £5 each but postage rates do mean you need to order a few kit. If they only have some of what you want in stock you can pay for the stock items and backorder the balance and they will keep your stock items for 60 days and charge for the other items as they come in to stock to save on postage.

Mike,
I order mine from HobbyLink Japan, they are under £5 each but postage rates do mean you need to order a few kit. If they only have some of what you want in stock you can pay for the stock items and backorder the balance and they will keep your stock items for 60 days and charge for the other items as they come in to stock to save on postage.
Checked the site, interesting stuff there! Unfortunately nothing in 1:32 scale, thanks anyway Keith.😉

RKK was issued in May 1953 and TPA in April 1953 according to the big book of reg plates by Noel Woodall who sadly passed away a few years ago.
These cars look pretty new and still have very polished pressed alloy plates.

Car numbers 1904 to 1974 is a fascinating/ incredibly anal read, picked it up in Hay,where else about twenty years ago.

Swmbo thinks I'm mad,I know I am.

841 - 860 of 3,318 Posts