SlotForum banner
861 - 880 of 3,318 Posts
How to pass the time at 71 years old

My kind of grandpa!
A friend who died a few years ago, fancied the American cars as in his youth he was stock drag racer and ran a few times the Panamericana, once or twice we went on interstate country roads because of job affairs, I remember I shivered on those trips as he almost used to drive nearly +90 miles/h all the time, on a Pontiac Sunfire Coupe!, he was 67 years old at the time…

Just had a look at Porsche's new LMDh car... State-of-the-art science and technology on four very circular wheels, no doubt, but I can't get excited about it yet.
Amazing, looks very much like an updated 917, although info says it won’t be ready until 2025, nevertheless I would have high expectations on this as the 919 LMP1 car was a beast on the track and even more without the restrictions for racing (take a look on YouTube for the Lap at the Nurburgring with Timo on the wheel!!😱).

Mmm I look at it at yes , I like it…
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Picture is not mine.

Cheers

That was Fred Mak at Wiessach last week, the cars due to race next year, Audi don't seem as advanced with their model.
I wonder how independent the Audi bash is, will it be a Porsche with different bodywork.
Think Porsche have a Multimatic chassis, not sure about Audi

The video I saw was interesting....the leafblower was immediately in the radiator intake when the car pulled into the pit. I presume some cooling development will be underway....

I just can't get attached to the huge billboards. All the cars look the same again. Although it's better than the 919, IMHO.

A wonderful collection of Porsches, and how much better the Siffert 908 looks with shiny (instead of black) wheel rims.
Thank you.
Yes, I swapped out the wheels on the Siffert 908 immediately after looking at it with the decals on.
And my love for the 917/10 dates back to my very first slot car track in 1980, it was an AFX. I wish someone would produce a 1/32 scale of it with the Royal Crown Cola livery.
Also, I’d be interested in all-white Carrera Porsche RSRs (991) in 1/32, so I can slap on the decals, and complete my 2018 Le Mans Porsche tribute.

861 - 880 of 3,318 Posts