SlotForum banner
861 - 880 of 1341 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
How to pass the time at 71 years old

My kind of grandpa!
A friend who died a few years ago, fancied the American cars as in his youth he was stock drag racer and ran a few times the Panamericana, once or twice we went on interstate country roads because of job affairs, I remember I shivered on those trips as he almost used to drive nearly +90 miles/h all the time, on a Pontiac Sunfire Coupe!, he was 67 years old at the time…

·
Registered
12,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #867 ·
Just had a look at Porsche's new LMDh car... State-of-the-art science and technology on four very circular wheels, no doubt, but I can't get excited about it yet.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Just had a look at Porsche's new LMDh car... State-of-the-art science and technology on four very circular wheels, no doubt, but I can't get excited about it yet.
Amazing, looks very much like an updated 917, although info says it won’t be ready until 2025, nevertheless I would have high expectations on this as the 919 LMP1 car was a beast on the track and even more without the restrictions for racing (take a look on YouTube for the Lap at the Nurburgring with Timo on the wheel!!😱).

Mmm I look at it at yes , I like it…
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Picture is not mine.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
That was Fred Mak at Wiessach last week, the cars due to race next year, Audi don't seem as advanced with their model.
I wonder how independent the Audi bash is, will it be a Porsche with different bodywork.
Think Porsche have a Multimatic chassis, not sure about Audi

·
Registered
885 Posts
The video I saw was interesting....the leafblower was immediately in the radiator intake when the car pulled into the pit. I presume some cooling development will be underway....

I just can't get attached to the huge billboards. All the cars look the same again. Although it's better than the 919, IMHO.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Audi and the Lambo LMDHs will both be basically the same as the porsche, engine gearbox, hybrid, multimatic chassis. Just cosmetic differences. Which makes sense in a balance of performance class. Porsche is basically development testing for them all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A wonderful collection of Porsches, and how much better the Siffert 908 looks with shiny (instead of black) wheel rims.
Thank you.
Yes, I swapped out the wheels on the Siffert 908 immediately after looking at it with the decals on.
And my love for the 917/10 dates back to my very first slot car track in 1980, it was an AFX. I wish someone would produce a 1/32 scale of it with the Royal Crown Cola livery.
Also, I’d be interested in all-white Carrera Porsche RSRs (991) in 1/32, so I can slap on the decals, and complete my 2018 Le Mans Porsche tribute.

861 - 880 of 1341 Posts