SlotForum banner
901 - 920 of 3,318 Posts
The interesting thing about 107 was that it was 107 version 2.
The original car, fully Martini liveried was wrapped around a tree in training at great speed, hence the plain silver spare car was pressed into service with reduced livery.
Fair bit of Targa 73 film on you tube, wish I'd got a time machine.
The other manufacturer car that had a bit if an accident in training was the Alfa 33 of Clay
Reggazoni, but Alfa must have had a spare to hand.

One for Mike. Collesano, 1973. View attachment 293989
Trisha - You must have read my mind! This is the one I’m aiming for. I think it looks better with its reduced livery than the no8 and no9 cars which came first and third.

The interesting thing about 107 was that it was 107 version 2.
The original car, fully Martini liveried was wrapped around a tree in training at great speed, hence the plain silver spare car was pressed into service with reduced livery.
Fair bit of Targa 73 film on you tube, wish I'd got a time machine.
The other manufacturer car that had a bit if an accident in training was the Alfa 33 of Clay
Reggazoni, but Alfa must have had a spare to hand.
I believe the bonnet and boot lids were all that could be used from the original shell, although I think the engine was still operable, too.
As far as I can make out, Alfa couldn’t repair Regazzoni‘s car in time, so only one Alfa 33TT3 competed, along with 2 Ferrari 312PBs. All dropped out early on, leaving the factory 911s first, third and sixth.
Mike
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

The other interesting or anal retentive thing about the factory RSRs at the Targa, is shown in one of the many Targa 73 vid clips.
They arrived with the standard RS ducktail, the additional little end winglets must have been added during the practice sessions.
These add ons morphed into proper moulded ends for the 73 LM race, the Mary Stuart cars, I've a LMM shelf queen of one of these ,gorgeous.

All this then led to the 74 Turbo cars, as modelled by Scalextric / Meccano France and Carrera back in the day, then the more recent LMM version.

All this then led to 930/934/935, remember seeing the Martini 935 at Silverstone in 76, a wonderful day out.

Discussion starter · #912 ·
I've enjoyed racing this Boxster a lot recently. However, the rear tyres kept falling off, so I've glued them back on with Bostik. I used to use superglue but have eschewed the 'orrible stuff in recent times due to the 'fugg' it leaves on wheels as it dries. Messy stuff.
Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Tire
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Toy

Another 2 Scalextric Porsche 962s, these cars were fitted with the 5 spoke silver wheels off the Ferrari F40. They are the cars from the Wild 360 set and were also sold separately for a quite cheap price which is how I bought them. Strangely, they aren't easy to spin around as they are designed to do because the wide F40 tyres have good grip. As such, they are reasonably quick despite the absence of a magnet.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive design
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Racing

I've enjoyed racing this Boxster a lot recently. However, the rear tyres kept falling off, so I've glued them back on with Bostik. I used to use superglue but have eschewed the 'orrible stuff in recent times due to the 'fugg' it leaves on wheels as it dries. Messy stuff. View attachment 294131 View attachment 294132
Maybe if you sand a bit the axle with coarse grit, just a little in slow longitudinal movements, to “scratch” the metal, this would give superglue something to grab better😉

901 - 920 of 3,318 Posts