SlotForum banner
921 - 940 of 3,318 Posts
Yes the Spanish mould was used by Hornby.
One of the partworks in Spain issued the car in Rothmans colours,although not right, it looks good.
The other interesting Spanish release is in silver, think it might have been a limited edition car.
Seems a long time ago the 961 was at Le man's.

Went on a tour with classic cars magazine, be about 1983, Porsche and Mercedes and the fabulous Schlumph collection, where many cars had no chassis or engine numbers,the Schlumph brothers is a fascinating story.
Back in the days of industry used to spend most of August on projects in Germany, so one year, be about 1990 managed a visit to the much lamented Rosdo Bianco collection, once again in an old factory.

Discussion starter · #932 ·
Prof Porsche (in the dark coat) watches a Mercedes he designed being fettled in practice for the 1922 Italian GP at Monza. It was at this event that Count Louis Zborowski in a similar car was killed after hitting a tree. Mercedes subsequently withdrew its cars.
Wheel Tire Photograph Vehicle Motor vehicle

Discussion starter · #940 ·
A brief courtesy note.

I've read through lots of this thread today, and enjoyed everyone's wonderful contributions so very much. (Ditto other threads, of course). Brilliant cars, knowledge, wisdom, fun, laughter, wit, erudition, daftness, gitness, skill, craft, art, excitement and everything else.

In sincerity, I thank you all by the JCB-bucketload and, as it's TGIF, I toast the health and prosperity of absolutely everyone. Please keep it coming.

Thank you all again! Cheers and down the hatch!
Tableware Drinkware Hood Beer Barware

921 - 940 of 3,318 Posts