SlotForum banner
61 - 80 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Daniel

Please let us know about modifications to the set-up of the 908. I knew a chap a few years ago who loved NSR's cars, but frequently complained that they were difficult to get right for club racing. Everyone seems to have a different view about tuning.

Always interested to read a different opinion.
Indeed, Nsr are hard to set up, although they are almost RTR, I’d say they are not definitely for novice hands.
These 908s are fitted with Shark 22 motors, they deliver quite more power than the new stock motors(21.5k Evo) and even more than the old stock motors (20k), the power in straight line is awesome, we could easily recover distance lost in curves and made sweat the old veterans (platinum drivers) at the Northern Club 😅

They have zero grips in the front wheels and width is to the maximum allowed by body(2mm spacers), the rear wheels are fitted with Scaleauto Sc4734 for maximum grip, gearing is 13/30 which is good for the long straights in the Noethern club and it has one big Nsr lead weight in the center of the motor mount(about 3gr guess), weight will be relocated to the guide as the car still did some wheelies hehehe.

Hope you find this useful Laurence, 😉

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Couldn't resist sharing this with you all as I just finished chipping and fitting lights yesterday.
Its my Revo Porsche 911 Blue Coral Livery with 3dp chassis, scaleauto S can Tech 2 motor in sidewinder orientation via a slot it mount. Suspension fitted along with the slot it lighting kit. Nsr ultras trued, glued and treated. Just need to find some appropriate wheel inserts to finish it off.
It looks great and drives even better. Not a cheap project but well worth it

View attachment 290694 View attachment 290695 View attachment 290696
Revo did improve the looks of the car a lot and those small add ons just raise the bar higher 👍🏼

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
The Revo Blue Coral car is fabulous. The only new car I have bought in the last year, I couldn't resist and love the livery.

A pair of Pigs....one full and one partial.
View attachment 290759
Im thinking about building the #20, although I cant find were it raced or if it was a test car. Yours looks very good Chappy 👍🏼😀

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Beautiful pictures and interesting information about a racing championship Laurence, I suppose that the series were abandoned because of the increasing popularity of the Rally Championship, although the cars have nothing in common other that the bumpy roads and high altitude venues. Thanks for sharing !😀

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Mmm that Lotus needs to be finished Laurence, and pictured with “the Camel” 🐪 and Michelle🐫😉

Ps. By the way, the famous Dakar is being raced as we write, a nice rally/raid to be watched as an appetizer before F1 starts😀

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
This is an available free 3d file, chappyman66 has put the one he hollowed out on Cults3d! I did this one before his and hollowed it out by hand and dermal, Bergsprder in 1/24 with a Avant Slot chassis, runs and handles very nice as I imagine a hill climbs car would! LOL View attachment 291748 View attachment 291749

Cheers,
John.
Nice print mate!

@Trisha , is this the one you mentioned worthy of adding to the 1966 grid of already Gt40s and P3s?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Looking forward to seeing Carrera's proposed release of the Piper 917. Not so keen on the revised price list, though. A 20 per cent increase is not good news. View attachment 291900
I believe the 917 Pipers is available in Nsr range, fact I believe I bought it on a slot car lot auction a year or two ago, only to gave it to another mate who asked for it (because he lost the auction and only wanted that car, so I agreed on sell it to him for the price I bidded). Between the Nsr and the Carrera and with the increasing prices, I’d go for the Nsr Laurence.😉

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I believe the 917 Pipers is available in Nsr range, fact I believe I bought it on a slot car lot auction a year or two ago, only to gave it to another mate who asked for it (because he lost the auction and only wanted that car, so I agreed on sell it to him for the price I bidded). Between the Nsr and the Carrera and with the increasing prices, I’d go for the Nsr Laurence.😉
Pics are not mine but I found these in the Nsr range, I’m sure I had both however as I said I sold one of them (the one with the fins), and the other I have is running on Nsr grey tires…
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive design

Tire Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design

Cheers

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Mike,
I order mine from HobbyLink Japan, they are under £5 each but postage rates do mean you need to order a few kit. If they only have some of what you want in stock you can pay for the stock items and backorder the balance and they will keep your stock items for 60 days and charge for the other items as they come in to stock to save on postage.
Checked the site, interesting stuff there! Unfortunately nothing in 1:32 scale, thanks anyway Keith.😉

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
How to pass the time at 71 years old

My kind of grandpa!
A friend who died a few years ago, fancied the American cars as in his youth he was stock drag racer and ran a few times the Panamericana, once or twice we went on interstate country roads because of job affairs, I remember I shivered on those trips as he almost used to drive nearly +90 miles/h all the time, on a Pontiac Sunfire Coupe!, he was 67 years old at the time…

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Just had a look at Porsche's new LMDh car... State-of-the-art science and technology on four very circular wheels, no doubt, but I can't get excited about it yet.
Amazing, looks very much like an updated 917, although info says it won’t be ready until 2025, nevertheless I would have high expectations on this as the 919 LMP1 car was a beast on the track and even more without the restrictions for racing (take a look on YouTube for the Lap at the Nurburgring with Timo on the wheel!!😱).

Mmm I look at it at yes , I like it…
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Picture is not mine.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I've enjoyed racing this Boxster a lot recently. However, the rear tyres kept falling off, so I've glued them back on with Bostik. I used to use superglue but have eschewed the 'orrible stuff in recent times due to the 'fugg' it leaves on wheels as it dries. Messy stuff. View attachment 294131 View attachment 294132
Maybe if you sand a bit the axle with coarse grit, just a little in slow longitudinal movements, to “scratch” the metal, this would give superglue something to grab better😉

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Today at EPrix, I missed this year and last year due to Covid as my wife won’t let me attend, but some friends sent me a few pics…
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Aircraft

I don’t know how much would be for a Taycan electric but I can guess is a lot more money than a Tesla 😅

Cheers

61 - 80 of 124 Posts