SlotForum banner
1021 - 1040 of 2133 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Today at EPrix, I missed this year and last year due to Covid as my wife won’t let me attend, but some friends sent me a few pics…
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Aircraft

I don’t know how much would be for a Taycan electric but I can guess is a lot more money than a Tesla 😅

Cheers

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Mine's a little more play worn and no box. It's just a shame about the whizzwheels but they could look worse.

In my 1/43rd scale pit lane, Jouef die-cast Ferrari 300P4 to the left and a Bang GT40 to the right, figures are Corgi, Promod and Dinky Toys.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Toy

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Great paddock Laurence! Just out of curiosity, how many laps you use to run with each car? With all those cars I bet you spend +4 hrs before you run out of Porsches 😉

·
Registered
16,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,030 ·
Roughly 20-30 laps with each car, and then I often revert to Beetles, Daniel. Time passes so quickly at the Mess. Of course, there are always interruptions. Typically, there's a daily riot around the chip van, usually caused by appalling table manners from the usual rabble, and frequent discontent from mechanics complaining about playful attacks by tigers and alligators, but flatulent camels and pigs often cause the red flag to be waved at sundry marshals' posts.

And then there are commands from afar from Mrs Grumpy. Yesterday, for example, she bellocked: "That imbecilc, geriatric fool of an uncle of yours awaits 'parlee-voo' on the electric telephone. I told him to bu**er off, but he insists on talking to someone who is equally stupid and incomprehensible."

All in a day's duty in the HR2 postal district...

·
Registered
16,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,035 ·
A Porsche driver, Robert Renauer, competing in the Asian Series at Abu Dhabi last weekend, has been fined £17,000 for relieving his bladder "behind a post" during a break in racing...

·
Registered
16,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,038 ·
Couldn't agree more, Malomay. Absolute madness. Years ago in Britain it used to cost a penny to use public conveniences. It's a reflection on the mismanagement of sundry economies that inflation has increased that figure to £17,000. Nuts.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Couldn't agree more, Malomay. Absolute madness. Years ago in Britain it used to cost a penny to use public conveniences. It's a reflection on the mismanagement of sundry economies that inflation has increased that figure to £17,000. Nuts.
and I assume you were provided with some sort of infrastructure to utilise in exchange for your penny in those days......in this case it looks as though they are collecting the fee but without undergoing the outlay of building a facility.....luckily it has always been free (in most cases) here in the antipodes. Both inside & out.

1021 - 1040 of 2133 Posts