SlotForum banner
1181 - 1200 of 1855 Posts

·
Registered
14,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,182 ·
Not a slot car but I thought this D-Type Auto-Union might be of interest to Porsche devotees. Supercharged 3-litre V12, it was designed by Prof Robert Eberan von Eberhorst whilst he worked for the Porsche design office. To reiterate, von Eberhorst was the first designer to introduce 'ground-effect' aerodynamics to a racing car ( in 1938).
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Rim Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Tread Tire

Vehicle Car Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Toy

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
A nice post Laurence, worth reading it just minutes before the first 2022 Gp starts at Bahrein , where ground efect will be reborn after 30(??) years approximately , mmm… seems inspector Hamilton is having troubles with his silver arrow not keeping the pace with the Bull and the Prancing Horse…🙂

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
A nice post Laurence, worth reading it just minutes before the first 2022 Gp starts at Bahrein , where ground efect will be reborn after 30(??) years approximately , mmm… seems inspector Hamilton is having troubles with his silver arrow not keeping the pace with the Bull and the Prancing Horse…🙂
Ha! Todays result at Bahrein was totally unexpected! Feel bad for my team RB but at the same time I’m glad Ferrari came back to the podium where they belong(If there was a T-shirt half RB/half Ferrari I would wear it 😅), but what really was funny it’s the Face of Hamilton and Wolf , they were happier for RB abandoning than for the P3!
Anyway! Today the prancing horse is the king of the track! Forza Ferrari 🇮🇹

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Hi Franz,helmet here, listen, we can't catch those pesky fiat500s with our honda civics,we need a safety car to eliminate the massive gap to Leclerc.

Ok helmet, what do you want me to do.

Hit the engine fire button on the engine management software of ghashtlys car, that should do the trick.

Done helmet.

Cheers Franz that should Rob Leclerc of a deserved win nicely, brings back happy memories of last season.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
What a pity Michael Masi wasn’t there to help out RB …………
Hi Franz,helmet here, listen, we can't catch those pesky fiat500s with our honda civics,we need a safety car to eliminate the massive gap to Leclerc.

Ok helmet, what do you want me to do.

Hit the engine fire button on the engine management software of ghashtlys car, that should do the trick.

Done helmet.

Cheers Franz that should Rob Leclerc of a deserved win nicely, brings back happy memories of last season.
How pathetic :sick:
I thought on this forum one would find grown up men but there‘s only frustrated children around.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Apropos of oddities.....

View attachment 300697

The Bingham Cobra as it was known Down Under, which apparently started life (and possessed chassis of) Porsche 904/8 "906-007".
An entirely different species?
And I thought the new Vette C8R was an illegitimate son 😂, proof that designers/builders have mixed brands since ever! Indeed an odd name for a race car using a Porsche chasis Chappy, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
For the 906 LH, you just have to make your own.

View attachment 299953
It took a while but finally got to print this 906 LH with the fabulous files from @nimrod444 , just I’m not sure if I put the right measures, cause it looks smaller than the 907LH🤔
Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

My 906 LH is 153.5 mm long, 54.8 mm wide and 28.5 mm height.

What do you think?

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
My Airfix 906 short tail is 51.46 wide, wheelbase 72mm. The same by Supershells is 53.25mm wide and wheelbase about 74mm. Going by the dimensions on one website this should be 52.5mm wide and 71.9 for wheelbase.

They make the 907LH come out at 53.75 wide.

Another site also makes the width 52.5mm but length for LH 143.75mm.

End of the day do you want to build a scale model of the LH or a comparable slot car in which case altering it to be in scale with your other cars is probably the best option as me know a lot of 1/32nd scale cars are not 1/32nd scale in width.

1181 - 1200 of 1855 Posts