SlotForum banner
1321 - 1340 of 1579 Posts

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I've not seen this problem on any of my cars made this century, in fact not on anything really since the 70's and 80's. I have lots of old cars with hard tyres but the oil leakage only seemed to effect a few of my brands and then only from cars from the above decades. Maybe I've been lucky? :unsure:

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Busy day today, parcel postie came just before 3pm with another Porsche, what am I thinking of???? o_O:unsure:😁

Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Automotive design

Sideways 935 Gp5, so now I have the short tail to go with my Moby Dick. As this is for club racing I think I'll live with the livery adding a new race track to my field.😁

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Colin spark, RS models,has a resin Chevron B16 on the stocks , this was about a year ago, last time I contacted him, he was quite rightly prioritising family issues, so we can be patient on this one.
The European two litre sports car championship was a big deal back in the late sixties and early seventies, big business for the likes of Chevron and Lola.
My B16 is going to be the #48, Levi's sponsored Rotary Madza engined one from LM 70.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
My four little Porsche Gp3 cars arrived today

Font Rectangle Art Carmine Brand

and the three 962
Rectangle Material property Font Automotive design Shipping box

Shipping box Rectangle Material property Gas Font

Product Rectangle Packing materials Box Packaging and labeling

Four nice models but I think they will be static builds as there would be a lot of resin to remove, probably would be easier to make a new casting if slot car conversion was required.

Big question will be do I build the 962 as they came or build all three cars from 1986, although I do have the #1 car from D-Slot. Also do I build the 636 as a Le Mans car?

These are going to be a long way down the production line so plenty of time to decide 😁.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Featuring Porsche books is a whole new can of worms methinks.
Generic books, specific model books, specific Porsche Driver books, specific Team manager books, books on the the Porsche family, books on specific races, books on specific years, books on specific Chassis, road cars only, race cars only, it'll be quite a fest.
Looking in our front room, IE library, I sometimes think about what ten books I'd take if I ever get radical and downsize to a campervan, that's be an interesting one, what are your top ten Porsche books.

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,338 ·
Matthew and Tangerine have both brought up the subject of Porsche books recently. My favourite is 'Past and Present' by Jenks, which is still cheaply available. It's beautifully written, full of anecdotes, and sometimes goes most interestingly into topics that have nothing to do with cars.

All Porsche people would enjoy it, and I recommend that you give it a go.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

1321 - 1340 of 1579 Posts