SlotForum banner
121 - 140 of 1348 Posts

·
Registered
Collect and race Strombecker primarily, but have other makes, too.
201 Posts
Model box art started to disappear when certain countries introduced laws that the packaging had to show the actual contents and not an impression. Which is why you started to get boxes with a photo of the made up model, but unpainted, on the box lid.
Dear me. I had no idea why they disappeared. I always thought it was cost: It cost more to commission a painter to render a scene than pay a photographer to shoot the model for the cover. I guess not!

Andre

·
Registered
Collect and race Strombecker primarily, but have other makes, too.
201 Posts
Hi All:

I'm watching a 1961 era video titled "British Racing Green". The film is getting ready to show the '61 GT race at Goodwood. (just finished watching Sir Sterling Moss win the F1 race at Silverstone!) As the cars were being lined up, I saw this Porsche GT:

Anyone know what version/model/whatever that is? Seems too low and stretched to be a 356-based car. A GT RS?

Kind of like it.

Andre

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Racer is the Sideways division that is the delicatessen slot boutique, I just have one of them cars(an Abarth 500), they are really beautiful cars, congrats Henk, they look great!

Cheers

Reactions: Henk

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
A brief courtesy note to thank everyone for contributing such excellent material for this thread. I've repeatedly pored over each post, and continue to marvel at the cars.

Thank you again, and to reiterate, please keep 'em coming.

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Some 911 models

1/40th scale by Jouef, not the original rear tyres.

another Jouef

And again

I also have a spear yellow Jouef body.

Awaiting in the wings, just need to decide which Le mans car it will be and if I am keeping it an RS or converting back to S spec rear end

And on it's way, left Heathrow yesterday, for conversion

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Apart from a few 1960's cars, 904, 906 and 917, I'm not a big Porsche follower, says he :whistle:

These are probably mainly 911's but that's nor on the chassis so I have listed them separately. In fact the all say Carrera.

The left hand car #63 is Atrin's 1/43rd scale attempt at the harlequin car. The white car is also an Artin. The black car just has Porsche on the chassis but the stickers say 959.

These two, again 1/43rd scale are unbranded Hong Kong made cars.

These two are Artin 1/43rd scale again and just say Carrera on the chassis with GT3 stickers.

Finally two Jouef 1/40th scale cars again only listed as Porsche Carrera

This one is still in the bubble packaging.

121 - 140 of 1348 Posts