SlotForum banner
1561 - 1580 of 1723 Posts

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
If I recall rightly, some years ago (2017?) Toyota was about to leave the LMP1 class at the WEC, because of the beating it was getting from the Porsche 919 LMP1 car, then Porsche announced its retirement and Toyota decided to stay at the WEC championship, so next year with the new Porsche Hypercar entering the championship, I’m almost sure it will scare many other brands (Peugeot, Toyota running out for cover?), who maybe will prefer to stay out than getting on a fight with he Germans, mmm … such a frightening sight for rivals and they don’t have a canon 😅

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
The Porsche 919 programme was curtailed a year early as it had achieved all its objectives and had nothing left to prove, 3 consecutive Le Mans wins,15,16,17 and three world championships.
Better to save the budget, the 919 was turned into an Evo to show what could be done with better aero than the WEC regulations had allowed, check out Porsche 919 Evo on YouTube.

The equivalency formula will be interesting for next year to balance the performance of a hypercar with a Lmdh which the 963 is.

The mock up of the Peugeot was on display at LM at the top of the shopping village, it's scheduled to run at Monza in the next round of the WEC.

The 963 is planned to run as a non points scoring invitation entry at the last round of this year's championship, prior to WEC and IMSA entries,two cars in each next year.

The new BMW is projected to run in IMSA only, think it's slated for 2024, if it goes well I'd suspect they'd have a shot at LM.

Cadillac, Lamborghini and Ferrari have plans but not as advanced as Porsche and BMW.

Audi were authorised to go Lmdh by the VAG board, but that's gone quiet due to their F1 interest.

Alpine have had their request to run the old LMP1 Rebellion again for next year turned down, so they are going back to LMP2 for a year or two while they plan a new top class car.

Going to be interesting, my accomodation for LM 2023 is already booked.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Just read that the race team Jota are stepping up from LMP2 to run a Porsche 963 in the 2023 WEC with sponsorship from Hertz, the 963 is starting to get more liveries pretty quickly , hope it's tempting to one of the slot manufacturers.

·
Greg Gaub
16,800 Posts
It's funny how long tails don't work as well in 1/32
Tell that to NSR P68s. For whatever reason, those are the cars to beat when we run NSR classics. I ended up putting weight BEHIND the rear axle in my GT40 Mk4 just to compete.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,750 Posts
Tell that to NSR P68s. For whatever reason, those are the cars to beat when we run NSR classics. I ended up putting weight BEHIND the rear axle in my GT40 Mk4 just to compete.
I didn't rate my P68 at all, my MK4 GT40 is quicker than most Moslers on our track, non mag, Shark 25, 10mm NSR tyres.
Just goes to show, horses for courses.

1561 - 1580 of 1723 Posts