SlotForum banner
1661 - 1680 of 1748 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
The second shot in 1657 is in bright sunshine, so it might be tangerine a bit washed out or could be signal yellow,which wasn't yellow at all.

The 1972 Ford Europe colours were pretty good as well, Monza blue, Modena green, Sebring red, Le Mans green, Daytona yellow.

Think the gold cup must go to The 1970 colours of Chrysler in the States though, Panther pink/ Moulin rouge, Plum crazy/ Inviolet to name but two.

Last year's very limited SCX Cuda specials for Lakota Collectibles/ GT models in the States had the pink, violet and a third car, Vitamin C as the releases, dealers also had a very few models in white or black, those two were crazy money back then, but I did manage to get the other three.

·
Registered
264 Posts
A couple of pics to help cool Brits and our friends in mainland Europe. View attachment 312061 View attachment 312063
Hi Laurence,
Hope All is well with you.

That snow looks OK to me but to some here (UK), especially those operating the Railways, it definitely looks like the "wrong" kind of snow!! Same excuse for poor service in the Autumn when the "wrong" kind of leaves fall on the track, or Summer when it's apparently too hot so they only run at 20 mph.
I think someone needs to put their foot down, give them a virtual slap and explain to them the Trans-Siberian, Australian Rail or Amtrak appear to be able to operate under significantly higher or lower temperatures and conditions, stop skiving and get back to work!

Anyways, I was interested to see your recent purchase of the Arii Porsche kit and wondered, if you had not already chosen a colour scheme already, a suitable 1:1 model similar, apart from wheels, to Keith's suggestion in an earlier post, could in fact be the Porsche Mr. Steve McQueen drove in the opening scene of Le Mans.

Apart from the fact I think it is a simple but absolutely stunning looking car, it's colour fits your taste and the theme is very much in accordance with both Le Mans and the great era of Porsche.

Attached some photos of Porsche 911s S-B 2795 to pique your interest.

Cheers,
Martin

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive side marker light

Tire Car Vehicle Plant Automotive tail & brake light

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Headlamp

Car Vehicle Gear shift Steering part Speedometer

Car Speedometer Plant Tachometer Automotive design

Car Vehicle Automotive design Steering part Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive side marker light
Tire Car Vehicle Plant Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Headlamp
Car Vehicle Gear shift Steering part Speedometer
Car Speedometer Plant Tachometer Automotive design
Car Vehicle Automotive design Steering part Motor vehicle

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,670 ·
Thanks for your suggestions, Martin. Trains at 20mph, eh? Luxury. I've been stuck for miles behind Axle on his 1968 Nuffield tractor. Axle drives at 10-12mph and he cares not about the obstruction he causes, for the only thing that's ever passed him is the modern world. Axle and his once-orange Nuffield are an enigma, and nothing can be done about either.

McQueen's 911 is one I hadn't considered. Restrained, conservative and unobtrusive. A beautiful car. Love the opening sequences of the film. I watch it about once a month, and skip through the silly bits, like everyone else. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Well this is a daubing by Jr, made for me as a Father’s Day present, like 4 years ago(must have been about 11yo at the time), it’s supposed to be a car that he would buy for me one day when he can afford it…
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1661 - 1680 of 1748 Posts